9Thirty Theatre Company (9TTC) accepts submissions from March to May each season. Please note that due to our small staff we are unable to respond to submissions that are not accepted. Please adhere to the guidelines below. Send submissions in either a .doc or .pdf format to Submissions@9ttc.org. In respect of our commitment to the environment please do not mail submissions to our office.
9TTC produces works that incorporate environmental issues as part of the part, characters, or theme. We are uniquely dedicated to Eco Theatre, connecting humanity and nature, in various forms.
We accept original one acts, and full length plays and musicals.
We do not accept one-person shows, children's shows, screenplays, or works without environmental themes. 9Thirty Theatre Company also does not produce works that have already been produced in New York City.
To have your work considered, please submit the following as one file:
• cover letter, including your contact information
• brief synopsis of piece (500 words or less)
• character descriptions
• 20 page dialogue sample
• brief production history of the work (if applicable)
• bio for yourself and any other collaborators
• if submitting a musical, please include at least 3 recorded demo tracks
To be considered for 9TTC's all submissions must be received by midnight on May 31st.
For Visual Artists
We are accepting pieces for display in our lobby at performances, from visual artists of all mediums whose work is in concert with our mission. This may include art made from found objects, sustainable materials, non-toxic and eco-friendly products, etc.
About Project Proposals
Please include the project name, history and plan of action, project description (please include what your work is exploring or a synopsis), and any research you have done.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2017 (601)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ADIRONDACK THEATRE FESTIVAL submission guidelines
- Talking Stick FestivalMay Short Play Lab
- Mahattan Rep Premiere Play Development Program
- Walnut Street Theatre submission guidelines
- Buck Hill Skytop Music Festival seeks new work
- Discount tickets: CONSENT
- Discount tickets - CLINTON - THE MUSICAL
- The All Stories Theater Company seeks English-lang...
- Free tickets/Discount tickets - ACCIDENTAL PERVERT...
- Free tickets/Discount tickets: A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S...
- Unspoken Theatre Company submission guidelines
- Center of the World Festival seeks 10-minute plays...
- And Then She Said a Funny Thing
- Writers in Residence 2016 submission opens
- YouthPLAYS seeks plays and musicals
- MONSTERS ON STAGE A Call for Monologues and Short ...
- 2015 Met Life Nuestras Voces National Playwriting ...
- BMI Librettists Workshop
- BMI Musical Theatre Workshop
- 12 Peers Theater is accepting play submissions
- Blue Monday Review
- Thespian Production is seeking one-act plays and/o...
- NYMF Student Leadership Program
- NEXT ACT! Play Submissons
- Lama Theater Company’s Monthly Question
- Crazytownblog, the voice of Bohemia, is looking fo...
- OPHELIA’S NEW PLAY FESTIVAL
- BoxFest Detroit annual festival
- STAGEStheatre seeks plays
- TV Writing Classes in NYC from Anywhere
- Philadelphia Women's Theater Festival
- ADIRONDACK PLAYS SEEKING NEW PLAYS FOR 6 ANTHOLOGI...
- Stillwater Theatre Company invites submission of n...
- Secession 2015: Play Submissions
- Abingdon Theatre Company’s THE LAST RESORT PLAYS B...
- The Rewrite at Primary Stages ESPA
- FWD Theatre Project is now welcoming submissions o...
- 9Thirty Theatre Company submission guidelines
- The Rewrite at Primary Stages ESPA
- Kevin Spacey Foundation Grants
- Loser Play Festival
- Manhattan Rep's SHORT PLAY DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
- ▼ May (42)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)