Adirondack Plays is a publishing company with a mission: Connect theater groups with new plays relevant for the 21st century. Adirondack Plays publishes anthologies of new plays so that artistic directors can easily find plays for their particular needs.
We are publishing six anthologies this fall and are searching for new plays of any length that fit in the anthology topic areas. Considered plays can be unproduced of have a long production history; full-length, one-act or shorter; dramas or comedy – but not musicals. Plays submitted by May 15, 2015 will receive full consideration.
Adirondack Plays will pay royalties to the authors based on sales of the anthology. Playwrights retain all the rights with the plays for productions and for future publication.
Adirondack Plays does not publish single editions of plays, all submitted plays must fit into one of the following anthologies:
· Mostly Female - Community Theater throughout the country have the same problem -- more actresses than actors. While most plays have more male than female characters. This anthology will have plays -- both full-length and one-acts -- which have more roles for women (or non-gender specific roles).
· Social Justice - Plays with a cause. The Social Justice anthology will feature plays concerning race, feminism, poverty, wealth inequality, immigration or other issues of social justice.
· LGBTQ - The LGBTQ Anthology will focus on the issues faced by lesbian, gay, bisexual, transsexual and questioning individuals in the 21st century. All types of plays are welcome including romantic comedies, serious drama and everything in between. The only requirement is that non-heterosexuals are the main characters.
· Black Box - Black box plays have very basic technical arrangements, such as limited sets, simple lighting effects, and an intimate focus on the story, writing, and performances rather than technical elements. Plays for Fringe festivals and other experimental theater are encouraged.
· High School One Acts - One act plays are popular for high schools to get more drama students the opportunity to perform. One act plays are also often used in competitions. For this anthology, we are looking one act plays that are appropriate for high schools, meaning no sex and minimal violence. Note: characters are not limited to high school age.
· For Churches - Church theaters are in need of high-quality plays. Adirondack Plays for Churches will focus on plays with messages of love, forgiveness and generosity. Plays do not have to be specifically Christian, but should not contain vulgar language or sexual innuendo. In addition to full-length and one-acts, shorter plays that can be incorporated into worship services will also be accepted.
For more information or to submit a play for consideration please visit http://plays.adirondack-inc.com
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2017 (602)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ADIRONDACK THEATRE FESTIVAL submission guidelines
- Talking Stick FestivalMay Short Play Lab
- Mahattan Rep Premiere Play Development Program
- Walnut Street Theatre submission guidelines
- Buck Hill Skytop Music Festival seeks new work
- Discount tickets: CONSENT
- Discount tickets - CLINTON - THE MUSICAL
- The All Stories Theater Company seeks English-lang...
- Free tickets/Discount tickets - ACCIDENTAL PERVERT...
- Free tickets/Discount tickets: A MIDSUMMER NIGHT'S...
- Unspoken Theatre Company submission guidelines
- Center of the World Festival seeks 10-minute plays...
- And Then She Said a Funny Thing
- Writers in Residence 2016 submission opens
- YouthPLAYS seeks plays and musicals
- MONSTERS ON STAGE A Call for Monologues and Short ...
- 2015 Met Life Nuestras Voces National Playwriting ...
- BMI Librettists Workshop
- BMI Musical Theatre Workshop
- 12 Peers Theater is accepting play submissions
- Blue Monday Review
- Thespian Production is seeking one-act plays and/o...
- NYMF Student Leadership Program
- NEXT ACT! Play Submissons
- Lama Theater Company’s Monthly Question
- Crazytownblog, the voice of Bohemia, is looking fo...
- OPHELIA’S NEW PLAY FESTIVAL
- BoxFest Detroit annual festival
- STAGEStheatre seeks plays
- TV Writing Classes in NYC from Anywhere
- Philadelphia Women's Theater Festival
- ADIRONDACK PLAYS SEEKING NEW PLAYS FOR 6 ANTHOLOGI...
- Stillwater Theatre Company invites submission of n...
- Secession 2015: Play Submissions
- Abingdon Theatre Company’s THE LAST RESORT PLAYS B...
- The Rewrite at Primary Stages ESPA
- FWD Theatre Project is now welcoming submissions o...
- 9Thirty Theatre Company submission guidelines
- The Rewrite at Primary Stages ESPA
- Kevin Spacey Foundation Grants
- Loser Play Festival
- Manhattan Rep's SHORT PLAY DEVELOPMENT PROJECT
- ▼ May (42)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)