Stillwater Theatre Company, a non-profit professional company based at Meredith College in Raleigh, NC, invites submission of new one-act and full-length plays to be considered for staged readings and potential full production.
As part of a private women’s college, Stillwater has a need for works with strong women’s roles, small casts, and simple technical production requirements. However, this does not mean that we want to exclude men from our productions, or discourage the submission of works that that would involve an equal number of men and women in the cast. Play submissions are accepted January 1st—June 1st each year with a final decision to be made by August 1st. Due to the small size of our staff and the sheer number of scripts we receive, we are only able to accept one script at a time from the same author.
Stillwater produces one full-length play per year. We will workshop the play in a staged reading with our students in the Fall and produce the revised play the following Spring.
- Plays must be submitted between January 1st and June 1st.
- All submissions will be read, reviewed, and evaluated by the Stillwater Board, with final play selection at the discretion of the Artistic Director.
- Finalists will be notified via Email if their play is selected.
- Final play will be selected August 1st and the Playwright must be available for workshops and a staged reading in the Fall and a final production in the Spring.
- Playwrights must be open and willing to participate in script re-writes and changes.
- Submissions should include Title page and Character description page
Submissions could be made in electronic form and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or conventional form and sent to:
Steven RotenFor more information on Stillwater Theatre and its mission of nurturing new works in an educational setting, take a look around this website, or contact Steven directly at 919.760.8757.
3800 Hillsborough Street
Raleigh, NC 27606