The Acadiana Repertory Theatre is comitted to serve playwrights as a place where they feel they can develop work with a company that has a desire to help in the growth of both the playwright and the play. We strive to create a safe, creative, open environment for our playwrights and, using our own experience, along with the experiences of some of our friends from across the country, we seek to help playwrights create and develop shows that have the best chance of a long life of production.
Through developmental readings, a new works festival, and soon, the posibilities of residences, we hope to help, through working with the amazing playwrights we come in contact with, the voices of new american playwrights be heard.
INTERESTED IN SUBMITTING?
- We accept submissions of full length plays, one acts, and musicals
- Should be no longer than 90 minutes (we occasionally make exceptions)
- Should be actor driven
- Have small technical and set requirements
- Have cast no larger than 10
- Include some information about yourself
- Submit in PDF format
We look forward to hearing from you!