Athena Project is proud to announce the call for submissions for its Plays In Progress Series (PIP Series). This series will take place in Denver over the course of 3 weekends, in March 2016, as part of a larger arts festival celebrating women artists, including the yet-to-be named world premiere, winner of this year’s PIP Series. Four new plays will be selected based on a blind submission process and given a dramaturg, director, designers, cast and workshop presentation during the festival. One play from the 2016 PIP Series will win a full production to be produced in March of 2017, based on a combination of audience vote and board input. Scripts are being accepted online from now until midnight, June 19, 2015.
1. Playwright must be female and may only submit ONE full-length script.
2. The play must not ever have had a fully mounted production. Prior workshop presentations are permissible but the script must be a new version since the time of the workshop.
3. Submission must include:
--Full copy of script (without playwright contact info*)
--Character breakdown (without playwright contact info*)
--Short synopsis of script (300 word limit, without playwright contact info*)
--Cover letter addressing what the playwright would like to accomplish with the workshop presentation and how she heard about the call for submissions
*Contact info must be listed ONLY on resume and cover letter, not on script or any other documents (submissions will be read blind). All documents should include the Title of the Play, but no playwright contact information.
4. Plays submitted without all supporting materials included will be disqualified.
5. We recommend the playwright be able to travel to the area for rehearsals as needed if selected (or may Skype in). Attendance at least one workshop production performance during the festival at the playwright's own expense is mandatory. We will select 4 playwrights to participate in the PIP Series and hope to strike a balance between local and national work. Exact rehearsal and performance schedules will be worked out with the director, dramaturg, and playwright after all plays are selected.
Questions? See our Frequently Asked Questions section below.
Please contact our Literary Manager, Patrick Elkins-Zeglarski via email@example.com if you have any questions about submitting. You will receive an automatic confirmation email upon receipt of materials.
Submit Your Play
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2017 (601)
- ► 2016 (514)
- Proscenium Theatre Journal
- Postcard Theatre's New Writing Competition.
- North Park Playwright Festival
- NEW PLAY SUBMISSIONS FOR SUBURBAN HOLIDAYS 2015
- Page to Stage Playwriting Contest
- The Northern Writers' Project
- Brave New Ending Writing Challenge
- Moonlight Theatre Productions is seeking submissio...
- Radio Drama Revival Submission Guidelines
- StageCoach Theatre Company seeks scripts for young...
- Cimientos seeks plays
- Evergreen Theatre submssions guidelines
- Scary Theater Festival
- The Stella Adler Studio of Acting is seeking appli...
- 2015 FRED EBB AWARD
- The Relentless Award, established in honor of Phil...
- AFO now accepting submissions for their Works-in-P...
- STELLA ADLER NOW ACCEPTING FULL-LENGTH PLAY SUBMIS...
- Public Theater Submission Guidelines
- Call for Submissions UNFringed Festival
- Next Gen are always interested in new, exciting ma...
- Winter/Spring 2015-16 Full-Length Play Submission
- Everyday Inferno submission guidelines
- The Ingram New Works Project
- The 5th annual NEWvember New Plays Festival
- Seeking submissions of short scripts for podcast
- Thespis Theater Festival 2015
- Undiscovered Voices Scholarship
- Qu literary journal seeks scripts/excerpts
- New York New Works Festival Now Accepting Submissi...
- Panglossian is seeking new full-length plays
- 27th Annual JETFest
- Mystery on the Menu needs several 5-10 minute myst...
- Frequency is always open to submissions of unsolic...
- Acadiana Repertory Theatre submission guidelines
- Briefs: A Festival of Short LGBT Plays
- Theater for the New City Scratch Night
- Plays In Progress Series Submissions
- 12 Peers Theater is accepting play submissions
- ▼ June (39)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)