LAUNCH 2016 Script Call Now in Full Effect!
It's time for our annual LAUNCH call for scripts! We are seeking seven original ten-minute plays for our Launch production in January 2016, which will be presented at the Orlando Shakespeare Center's Santos Dantin Studio Theater.
Please check out the guidelines before submitting. We look forward to seeing your plays!
- Please submit no more than 2 plays per writer. There is no charge to submit a play; however, there is also no pay involved for the writer. Writers WILL receive video copies and photography of the event for their records.
- Plays should be 10 pages long, or approximately 10 minutes. Plays must be original works. Plays that have been previously workshopped, presented as a staged reading, or have not been locally (Orlando) produced are acceptable.
- Scripts should be properly formatted and submitted electronically in .DOC (MS Word 2003), DOCX (Word 2007 and later) or PDF format. Please number the pages. Other file types are acceptable, but we may ask you to convert them to a new file type if we can't open them.
- Please send TWO copies of your script - one with full authorship information, and one "blind" copy, which omits the name (this is the copy our readers will see). Please include the following information on the title page of your main submission: name, e-mail address, contact phone number, city/country of residence, and a brief synopsis of the play. You may also include a resume or CV, in a separate attachment from the play submission.
- The selected plays will be performed in a small 60-seat black box, so please keep your set requirements very simple. Remember that 7 plays will be presented in one evening, so plays that have minimal tech and set requirements are preferred.
- Plays should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for consideration for the script call is 11:59PM on September 30th. If you experience difficulty e-mailing scripts or attachments to this address, as a backup, please send them to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The writers of the selected plays will be notified via email, and granted the option of being produced. If the playwright is not currently a PRT Member, they are required to join PRT prior to production for a minimum of one season. However, for this current script call, dues are not required. If the playwright does not join, the play will be replaced in the lineup.
- PRT in conjunction with Orange Television (Orange County FL Public Access TV) MAY film the production of any and all plays selected for Launch 2016. In the event of this occurrence PRT reserves the right to modify any language in your submission to conform to a loosely defined "Community Standard. This generally involves removal of common profanity and demeaning sexual or racial terms. By submitting to Launch 2016 the Author explicitly agrees to this condition. The author further agrees that PRT and Orange TV and their sucessors and assignees may make any use of the film they desire with no remuneration to the author. If filming occurs, the author will be given a copy of the final edited film, and the author may make use of such film in any way they desire. No remuneration shall be provided to expected from any party involved in this filing, including but not limited to the Author, PRT, or Orange TV.