2016 Snowdance® 10 Minute Comedy Festival
Produced by the Over Our Head Players
At Racine’s Sixth Street Theatre
Official Rules, Application, and Script information
The Snowdance® 10 Minute Comedy Festival is a festival of original comedies that run 10 minutes or less. Submitted scripts will be judged by the Snowdance Selection Committee. A selection of scripts will be chosen for production during the Snowdance Festival in the winter of 2016. These selections will round out a complete performance. Audiences attending Snowdance performances will have the ability to vote for the production they enjoyed the most. The votes will be tallied throughout the five week festival run, and the Snowdance “Best in Snow” will be awarded to the winning playwright after the final performance on February 28, 2016. Cash award of $300.00 to “Best in Snow,” with $100.00 awards going to both 2nd and 3rd place.
* Through November 1st - Call for scripts.
* November - Scripts chosen for production will be announced.
* January 29 – February, 2016 - Run of festival performances.
* February 28, 2016 (immediately after final performance) - Announcement of “Best in Snow.”
To enter a script, please follow these steps.
#1- Competition is open to original 10 minute or shorter plays free of royalty and copyright restrictions. Submission is considered to be approval to produce the piece without royalty if selected for production in the Snowdance Festival. Musicals, adaptations, and translations will not be considered. One entry per playwright.
#2- Plays must run 10 minutes or less. A rule of thumb - 1 page (8 1/2 x 11) of single spaced, average dialogue will total about 90 seconds. Read it out loud - time it – test it – and re-write if need be.
#3- Submissions must be postmarked on or before November 1st 2015.
#4- Manuscripts must be on standard 8-1/2” x 11” paper, cleanly typed and securely bound. Scripts should follow standard format. (Check any scriptwriting book in your library)
#5 – Plays can have a cast of 1 to 5 characters and should be easily staged. Avoid any elaborate set requirements. And remember it is a ‘COMEDY FESTIVAL’.
#6- The writer’s name, address, phone number, and e-mail address (if applicable) should be included on the title page and only the title page. The title page should also include a cast list, set requirements, and a 1 to 3 sentence synopsis of the play.
#7 –Submit one (1) copy of your script.
#8 - Send scripts to: SNOWDANCE
C/O Sixth Street Theatre
318 Sixth Street
Racine, Wisconsin 53403
#9 - Any questions can be directed to Rich Smith at (262) 632-6802 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Plays selected for the festival will be produced by Over Our Head Players.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2017 (602)
- ► 2016 (514)
- whimperbang is accepting submissions
- RED PLAYWRITING COMPETITION
- Palm Beach Dramaworkshop
- The Ensemble Studio Theatre/Alfred P. Sloan Founda...
- The Platform Group seeks playwrights for project
- Free Tickets: Politikos 2015, the New York Politic...
- LADIES FIRST seeks theater announcements
- Writers Workshop discount: BURN THROUGH YOUR STORY...
- MAIL-ORDER DRAMATURGY PROGRAM
- The Greenhouse Submissions
- EMERGING PLAYWRIGHT AWARD SUBMISSION
- CALL FOR FIVE-MINUTE PLAYS
- Uptown Works seeks one-act plays
- Martini Theatre Company Seeking submissions of new...
- MRT November Event
- The Monthly Question. November 2015
- Mastodon Theatre is seeking a full-length play
- Holy Trinity Lutheran Church is seeking submission...
- Eden Prairie Players Now Accepting One Act Submiss...
- Free reading: 3C
- 2016 Snowdance® 10 Minute Comedy Festival
- Free theater: EDUCATION
- Ryga welcomes submissions
- Discount tickets: LADY
- Will Geer’s Theatricum Botanicum Seedlings
- Playwrights Horizons free symposium
- Old Library Theatre (OLT) 5th Annual One Act Play ...
- Austin Latino New Play Festival
- THE NATIONAL TEN-MINUTE PLAY CONTEST
- The Secret Theatre in LIC is looking for submissio...
- Playwrights' Week 2016
- Hobo Robo 8: Hobos With Their Eyes All A-Glow
- NYTW Fellowships
- Schreiber's Shorts: TRANSITIONS
- The Downtown Urban Theater Festival (DUTF) is curr...
- The Brick's Oven
- FutureFest 2016
- The Great Gay Play and Musical Contest 2015
- Playwright's Festival
- 11TH InspiraTO Playwriting Contest
- VARIATIONS THEATRE GROUP’S CALL FOR PLAYS
- MITF's New Fall Festival
- Ninth Annual Original OneAct Festival
- Jewish Playwriting Contest
- Torrent Theatre is seeking 10-20 minute plays
- Rover Dramawerks 10-Minute Play Contest
- THE MORRISSEY PLAYS
- Reva Shiner Comedy Award
- The Ruby Slipper Fringe
- Stage Left Theater call for 1-minute plays for Fas...
- CLOCKHOUSE Submissions
- ▼ October (51)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)