On Monday, October 26, The Arts Integrity Initiative at The New School College of Performing Arts, School of Drama is honored to present the first public reading of David Adjmi's 3C, following the play's landmark copyright victory in April of 2015. Directed by Jackson Gay, this is the first public performance of 3C following the important legal decision. After its premiere at Rattlestick Playwrights Theater in June 2012, the play was unable to be performed or published due to a claim of copyright interference which lasted for nearly three years. The Guild and the DLDF were both involved in the legal proceedings that led to Adjmi's vindication in court.
Playwright Jon Robin Baitz, who first spoke out to rally support for Adjmi and the play, will host the evening. The event will include a panel discussion about 3C's legal odyssey and the underlying implications for creative freedom and artists' rights. Panelists will include playwright and Guild member David Adjmi, attorney Bruce Johnson of David Wright Tremaine and Ralph Sevush, Executive Director of Business Affairs for the Guild; Arts Integrity Initiative director Howard Sherman moderates.
Admission is free, but seating is limited. Reservations are recommended. Please click on the link below for more information and to make reservations.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2017 (602)
- ► 2016 (514)
- whimperbang is accepting submissions
- RED PLAYWRITING COMPETITION
- Palm Beach Dramaworkshop
- The Ensemble Studio Theatre/Alfred P. Sloan Founda...
- The Platform Group seeks playwrights for project
- Free Tickets: Politikos 2015, the New York Politic...
- LADIES FIRST seeks theater announcements
- Writers Workshop discount: BURN THROUGH YOUR STORY...
- MAIL-ORDER DRAMATURGY PROGRAM
- The Greenhouse Submissions
- EMERGING PLAYWRIGHT AWARD SUBMISSION
- CALL FOR FIVE-MINUTE PLAYS
- Uptown Works seeks one-act plays
- Martini Theatre Company Seeking submissions of new...
- MRT November Event
- The Monthly Question. November 2015
- Mastodon Theatre is seeking a full-length play
- Holy Trinity Lutheran Church is seeking submission...
- Eden Prairie Players Now Accepting One Act Submiss...
- Free reading: 3C
- 2016 Snowdance® 10 Minute Comedy Festival
- Free theater: EDUCATION
- Ryga welcomes submissions
- Discount tickets: LADY
- Will Geer’s Theatricum Botanicum Seedlings
- Playwrights Horizons free symposium
- Old Library Theatre (OLT) 5th Annual One Act Play ...
- Austin Latino New Play Festival
- THE NATIONAL TEN-MINUTE PLAY CONTEST
- The Secret Theatre in LIC is looking for submissio...
- Playwrights' Week 2016
- Hobo Robo 8: Hobos With Their Eyes All A-Glow
- NYTW Fellowships
- Schreiber's Shorts: TRANSITIONS
- The Downtown Urban Theater Festival (DUTF) is curr...
- The Brick's Oven
- FutureFest 2016
- The Great Gay Play and Musical Contest 2015
- Playwright's Festival
- 11TH InspiraTO Playwriting Contest
- VARIATIONS THEATRE GROUP’S CALL FOR PLAYS
- MITF's New Fall Festival
- Ninth Annual Original OneAct Festival
- Jewish Playwriting Contest
- Torrent Theatre is seeking 10-20 minute plays
- Rover Dramawerks 10-Minute Play Contest
- THE MORRISSEY PLAYS
- Reva Shiner Comedy Award
- The Ruby Slipper Fringe
- Stage Left Theater call for 1-minute plays for Fas...
- CLOCKHOUSE Submissions
- ▼ October (51)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)