CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Submission Deadline: January 10th 2016
The Act One : One Act Festival is now accepting plays for its 3rd annual. The Secret Theatre seeks to promote new work and emerging playwrights through our annual One Act Festival. We also promote playwrights through publishing anthologies of the winning plays; all of the final plays including the festival winner are offered a non-exclusive publishing agreement! We have currently published five volumes of short plays.
No fee to submit or produce.
• $100 Cash Prize for Best Play
• $50 Cash Prize for Best Director
• $50 Cash Prize for Best Actor
• $50 Cash Prize for Best Actress
• Each Play is guaranteed multiple performances [the exact number is decided once our final selection is made. Factors include the length of plays]
• The final selected plays are eligible for publishing in Top Secret Books’ The Act One : One Act Festival Vol 3 on a non-exclusive basis.
• Plays must be between 10 – 20 minutes in length. Preference given to plays that have not been produced before.
• Playwrights are responsible for selecting director and cast. (We may be able to help you if you do not have a director but preference will be given to playwrights who can provide their own directors and actors.)
• Easy to produce. (If you have a play which for instance includes a swimming pool, a large amount of sets and props, or anything else too elaborate or is impossible to cast we may reject it.)
• Please submit plays in PDF or Word format only.
• We will divide selected plays into three programs,
Selected Playwrights will be informed July 27th.
The Secret Theatre
4402 23rd Street
LIC, NY 11101
At Court Square on the E, M, G and 7 train. (Between 44 Rd and 44 Ave)
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2017 (594)
- ► 2016 (514)
- Happy New Year 2016
- Short Play Festival Players Theatre Short Play & ...
- great weather for MEDIA
- 2016 Act One: One Act Festival
- 19th Annual Black Box New Play Festival
- East Village Chronicles, Volume 12 April 2016
- Urban Stages: The President Plays
- Premiere Stages seeks plays
- 2016 NATIONAL LATINO PLAWRITING AWARD
- Long Island Theatre Collective (LITC) New Plays Fe...
- Hope and Optimism on Stage
- Scenes from the Staten Island Ferry 2016
- Tiny Plays for Ireland and America Playwriting Cha...
- Sacramento Area Playwright Competition
- Call for Submissions For 4th Annual LaBute New The...
- Equity Library Theater seeks comedy
- Valentine's Day Monologues wanted
- Ball State University Discovery New Musical Theatr...
- PL.A.Y Noir 2016 - Call for Submissions
- Turn to Flesh Productions reading series
- The February Play Festival
- Scorpio Theatre is now accepting script submission...
- Las Vegas Little Theater LVLT 2015 - 2016 New Work...
- 2016 Barhoppers
- The Robert J. Pickering Award for Playwriting Exce...
- The Monthly Question. December 2015
- The Mountain Playhouse International Comedy Playwr...
- Studio 180 Script Submission Policy
- Leah Ryan's Fund for Emerging Women Writers
- LITTLE FESTIVAL OF THE UNEXPECTED SUBMISSIONS
- Call for One-Act Comedies
- Just Announced: Spring 2016 Writing Classes
- Pigs Do Fly Productions is seeking 10-minute conte...
- Artist as Activist Two Year Fellowship Program
- Source Festival 2016 10-Minute Play Submissions
- Furious Gazelle submission guidelines
- RED EYE’S WORKS-IN-PROGRESS 2016 - CALL FOR PROPOS...
- ▼ December (37)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)