LVLT 2015 - 2016 New Works Competition
Is NOW accepting submissions through December 31, 2015
CLICK HERE to Email your Submission OR EMAIL to NEWWORKS@LVLT.org
CLICK Here for RULES
CLICK HERE for the APPLICATION FORM
The submission must include both a copy of the play and your completed application. 1 application must be submitted with each Play. We will only be accepting 2 submission per person, if we receive more than 2 submission from an individual only the first 2 received will be considered. (THANK YOU!)
All plays must be full length (90 minutes or more). No musicals please.
- Plays must have no more than 8 characters – doubling is allowed
- The set must be simple or representational.
- Ideally looking for subject matter that will appeal to an age range of 18 – 30.
- Seeking new plays that have not been professionally produced or published.
- Plays will be screened by the competition committee. The top 5 will be submitted to the judges.
- Prizes – 1st prize = Production of the play in the Fischer Black box in May plus $150, 2nd prize = $75
- 3rd prize = $50
- Contestants must sign a release form to authorize production
- Scripts cannot be returned
- Materials that are adapted from or otherwise derived from copyrighted source material must also submit permission to use the material at the time of submission.
- The winning author agrees to the production of his/her play with no royalty payment. The author also agrees to allow LVLT to video tape the production. LVLT cannot provide transportation, lodging or other compensation for the author to travel to Las Vegas for the production.
- Members of LVLT’s board of directors may not submit for this competition
- Submissions will be accepted through December 31, 2015. The winner will be announced no later than March 30, 2016
- Decision of the judges is final. Any disputes will be decided by the LVLT board of directors.
- Only 2 submissions per person please. If more than 2 submissions are received from an individual, only the first 2 received will be considered.
- Each submission will be assigned a number and author’s names will not be provided on judges copies of the script to prevent any bias.