We are now accepting submissions for Lama Theater Company’s Monthly Question! The Monthly Question is a reading series of new and bold writing (short plays/ Monologues/ poems/ Songs) around Lama’s monthly question that will be performed at The Kraine Theater, NYC.
Our Mission: Lama means WHY in Hebrew. The Lama Theater Company is a writer/director-driven, nonprofit company that continually raises questions and encourages bold new writing from within the nation and around the world to inspire different points of view and theatrical visions.
December 13th - playwrights/poets/song writers submission deadline!
December 16th - announcement of chosen works.
December 21st - performance night at 8:30pm.
Casting the actors on the spot at 8:30pm, show at 9:30pm. Location: The Kraine Theater, NYC.
READ BEFORE SUBMITTING!
Scripts must be related to our monthly question.
Lama has been affected by current worldly events and the hatred that seems to be overly apparent. Our December question is :
WHAT IS LOVE?
What inspires you when you read the question? We are interested in what you are thinking about and how the question might affect the work you do. Gather whatever inspiration the questions give you, and use it to fuel your chosen discipline. The questions are open to many interpretations!
When you submit please keep in mind that Lama encourage artistic exploration, provoking and risk-taking writing.
Short plays are limited to 8 pages in standard playwriting formats. (You can submit your 10 pages play but please keep in mind that we might ask you to make a few cuts.)
Poems/ Monologues are limited to 2 pages.
Song samples should be mp3 and no more than 3 minutes.
Only submissions by electronic attachment will be accepted, Microsoft Word document or PDF.
Playwrights can be from anywhere, but plays must be in English.
Submit a BLIND copy of your script and include a list of characters/descriptions.
E-mail your Script/Song/Poem to: email@example.com
The subject line should include the title of the play.
Please fill your contact info and the name of your play at our website:
Any Questions about Lama's monthly question? Please email us firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help you out!
For updates and more info about Lama follow our page https://www.facebook.com/lamatheatercompany
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2017 (598)
- ► 2016 (514)
- Happy New Year 2016
- Short Play Festival Players Theatre Short Play & ...
- great weather for MEDIA
- 2016 Act One: One Act Festival
- 19th Annual Black Box New Play Festival
- East Village Chronicles, Volume 12 April 2016
- Urban Stages: The President Plays
- Premiere Stages seeks plays
- 2016 NATIONAL LATINO PLAWRITING AWARD
- Long Island Theatre Collective (LITC) New Plays Fe...
- Hope and Optimism on Stage
- Scenes from the Staten Island Ferry 2016
- Tiny Plays for Ireland and America Playwriting Cha...
- Sacramento Area Playwright Competition
- Call for Submissions For 4th Annual LaBute New The...
- Equity Library Theater seeks comedy
- Valentine's Day Monologues wanted
- Ball State University Discovery New Musical Theatr...
- PL.A.Y Noir 2016 - Call for Submissions
- Turn to Flesh Productions reading series
- The February Play Festival
- Scorpio Theatre is now accepting script submission...
- Las Vegas Little Theater LVLT 2015 - 2016 New Work...
- 2016 Barhoppers
- The Robert J. Pickering Award for Playwriting Exce...
- The Monthly Question. December 2015
- The Mountain Playhouse International Comedy Playwr...
- Studio 180 Script Submission Policy
- Leah Ryan's Fund for Emerging Women Writers
- LITTLE FESTIVAL OF THE UNEXPECTED SUBMISSIONS
- Call for One-Act Comedies
- Just Announced: Spring 2016 Writing Classes
- Pigs Do Fly Productions is seeking 10-minute conte...
- Artist as Activist Two Year Fellowship Program
- Source Festival 2016 10-Minute Play Submissions
- Furious Gazelle submission guidelines
- RED EYE’S WORKS-IN-PROGRESS 2016 - CALL FOR PROPOS...
- ▼ December (37)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)