Art House Productions is seeking monologues and art for the second annual “In Full Color," celebrating Women’s History Month in March.
The hit show is coming back with more women sharing anecdotes and monologues about love, loss, family, food, work, culture, education and more. Last year, 13 women spoke about everything from being mistaken for a terrorist to dating while Asian. Give the world a glimpse of life in your skin!
“In Full Color” aims to create artistic opportunities for WOC, to help them share their unique stories and lastly, to encourage cross-cultural and racial tolerance. The production is open to women writers of Black, Hispanic or Asian descent, of a mixed-race background or belonging to any other ethnic minority group.
Selected writers will work with director Summer Dawn Hortillosa and perform their pieces at Art House Productions, 136 Magnolia Ave., behind the Journal Square PATH Station in Jersey City, N.J. Non-performing writers may also be paired with an actress of similar background. Submissions should be five minutes max and have minimal set/tech requirements. Limited prop storage is available. Non-union, non-pay.
All submissions should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. The timeline for the project is as follows:
Submissions Due: Monday, Jan. 18
Acceptances Emailed By: Sunday, Jan. 31
Rehearsals: TBA between Feb. 1 and March 16; Each performer will have at least 1 to 2 rehearsals
Tech Rehearsal/Runthrough: Wednesday, March 16, time TBA
- Thursday, March 17 at 8 p.m.
- Friday, March 18 at 8 p.m.
- Saturday, March 19 at 8 p.m.
- Sunday, March 20 at 3 p.m.
Artists! We’re also seeking submissions for the promo image for “In Full Color,” which will appear on our posters, postcards and promotional banner outside Art House. Keeping in step with the rest of the production, we’d like to feature work by a female artist of color. Check out last year's fantastic image by Ruani Ribe above! Artists and designers should send JPGs of an image they feel represents the WOC experience by Sunday, Jan. 31 to email@example.com.
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org. To learn about the project, click here: https://summerization.wordpress.com/theater/in-full-color/
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2017 (597)
- MITF: Spring Seeks Children's Plays
- New American Theatre Spring Festival of New One Ac...
- Manhattan Repertory Theatre - The March Event
- THE BODY OF AN AMERICAN at Primary Stages discount...
- BOY - Keen Company offers student discounts
- Comic Shorts One-Act Festival
- Original Works Publishing - produced plays only
- New York's Equity Library Theater One Act Play Fes...
- Fresh Fruit 2016
- ESPAfest 2016: Free Writing Workshops, Master Clas...
- THE WILLIAM INGE THEATER FESTIVAL CALL FOR ONE-ACT...
- Carlton E. Spitzer Excellence in Writing Award
- Minnesota Shorts 10-minute plays
- Door is a Jar Magazine seeks submissions
- International Radio Playwriting Competition 2016: ...
- Trans Theater Festival
- THE FIRST DRAFT at Primary Stages ESPA
- Arundel Festival Theatre Trail
- Manhattan Repertory Theatre's 10 Minute Play Cont...
- The Puzzle Theatre Festival
- Suncor Stage One Festival
- Call for Submissions – 10 By 10 in the Triangle
- 2nd Annual LIFT-OFF NEW PLAY SERIES
- Take an NYC writing class from anywhere!
- On the Air Radio Players Scriptwriting Contest for...
- spectrum: lgbt new play festival
- INKTank Cycle 7
- Vermont Pride Theater at Chandler (VPT) Summer Pri...
- The Monthly Question. February 2016
- Call for Monologue Submissions for 2016 Monologue ...
- Magnet Theater: Lady Sketch Lab
- “Bacchanalia!” New Play Readings Festival
- In Full Color monologues celebrating Women’s Histo...
- Heartland Theatre Company 2016 10-Minute Play Fest...
- Reproductive Freedom Festival Call for Works
- Getting it Read at Primary Stages ESPA
- MITF: Spring
- New Works Festival 2016 Script Submission
- The Helene Wurlitzer Foundation of New Mexico
- Jubilee Theatre submission guidelines
- Free play reading in Stratford Connecticut
- Lama Theater Company is holding an artistic reside...
- Free Workshop
- web siteThe Marine Corps Heritage Foundation award...
- City Theatre of Independence Playwrights Festival ...
- Royal Court Theatre Submission Guidelines
- The Monthly Question. January 2016
- Kumu Kahua Theatre playwriting contest
- Catalyst Series 2016
- HERE Artist Residency Program (HARP)
- ▼ January (50)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)