We are now accepting submissions for Lama Theater Company’s Monthly Question! The Monthly Question is a reading series of new and bold writing (short plays/ Monologues/ poems/ Songs) around Lama’s monthly question that will be performed at The Kraine Theater, NYC.
Our Mission: Lama means WHY in Hebrew. The Lama Theater Company is a writer/director-driven, nonprofit company that continually raises questions and encourages bold new writing from within the nation and around the world to inspire different points of view and theatrical visions.
Jan 3rd - playwrights/poets/song writers submission deadline! Jan 5th - announcement of chosen works.
Jan 11th - performance night at 8:30pm.
Casting the actors on the spot at 8:30pm, show at 9:30pm. Location: The Kraine Theater, NYC.
READ BEFORE SUBMITTING!
Scripts must be related to our monthly question.
In Lama’s last Monthly Question event, we asked our audience to leave us questions and this is what we picked out of a hat… Our January question is:
WHY DO PEOPLE LIE?
- What inspires you when you read the question? We are interested in what you are thinking about and how the question might affect the work you do. Gather whatever inspiration the questions give you, and use it to fuel your chosen discipline. The questions are open to many interpretations!
- When you submit please keep in mind that Lama encourage artistic exploration, provoking and risk-taking writing.
- Short plays are limited to 8 pages in standard playwriting formats. (You can submit your 10 pages play but please keep in mind that we might ask you to make a few cuts.)
- Poems/ Monologues are limited to 2 pages.
- Song samples should be mp3 and no more than 3 minutes.
- Only submissions by electronic attachment will be accepted, Microsoft Word document or PDF.
- Playwrights can be from anywhere, but plays must be in English.
- Submit a BLIND copy of your script and include a list of characters/descriptions.
- E-mail your Script/Song/Poem to: email@example.com
- The subject line should include the title of the play.
- Please fill your contact info and the name of your play at our website: http://www.lamatheatercompany.com/#!the-monthly-question-submissions-/c15j0
- Any Questions about Lama's monthly question? Please email us firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll help you out!
- For updates and more info about Lama follow our page https://www.facebook.com/lamatheatercompany