Cone Man Running Productions is announcing a nationwide call for the second iteration of our series ‘Five Minute Mile – Theatre on the Run.’ The series will perform at Obsidian Theatre in Houston Texas on November 10th – 19th, 2016. Michael Weems will serve as Artistic Director for the series.
We will be staging a one-of-a-kind theatre festival. Each evening, twenty (20) plays will be performed off book by a core ensemble of actors. Eight (8) of those plays will be set for each evening, six (6) will be drawn at random by audience members and the last six (6) will be voted on by the audience. Every night will be a different experience! If the playwright is able to attend, we will work with them to assure their play is one of the five set plays performed that evening. Requirements:
· Submissions will be accepted through Sunday July 31st.
· This festival is open to current residents of the United States. English language plays only.
· Five minute plays or monologues. No scenes or parts of other plays. We’re looking for compact plays/monologues with a start, middle, and end.
o Special note for monologues: PLEASE take the time to read them out loud, time them, and allow for inflection and beats.
· For plays, no more than 4 pages (12 pt font and 1” margins), for monologues, no more than 1.5 full pages (12 pt font and 1” margins)
· Please put ‘Cone Man Running – 5 Minute Mile’ in subject line.
· Please include a short blurb describing your plays/monologues.
· No published works. Previous productions okay if not staged within Texas.
· No work that has been submitted previously to Cone Man Running or Five Minute Mile.
· Minimal set and properties.
· No musicals, screenplays, adaptations, or theater for young audiences.
· Three submissions per playwright - however no more than one piece by a playwright will be accepted. If you have co-authored a work, this counts as one of your three submissions.
· If your play is optioned for publication anytime in this process, please contact us ASAP as this will make your play ineligible for our purposes.
· Please submit all files in only: MS word or pdf.
· If plays do not meet all of these requirements, they will be illegible for consideration.
· Please note, all plays will be photographed and recorded for archival and marketing purposes. In submitting your work, you acknowledge and allow for your show to be performed on the dates listed above, photographed, and recorded.
· Please do not include any identifying information on your script – in your cover letter/email please list your name, phone number, email address, physical address and your play’s title.
· We will not provide any feedback on scripts.
· From the submissions, 50 plays will be shortlisted as semi-finalists and will be read by our board. We plan to announce the selected thirty-two (32) plays by Sunday, August 28th, 2016.
· No submission fee.
· Please submit all the requested materials to email@example.com. Email submissions only.
· Cone Man Running reserves the right to decline scripts for any reason we see fit.
· If one of your plays are selected and you are able to attend, you will be provided with two complimentary tickets to the show. We will be unable to provide any additional compensation or funding towards transportation or lodging. Your show will be guaranteed a minimum of two performances.
· Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
For more information on Cone Man Running, please visit:
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2017 (602)
- T. Schreiber Theatre seeks 10-minute plays
- Crossing Borders Repertory – Fall Reading
- DEATHSCRIBE: The Annual International Festival of ...
- The Bridge Initiative is accepting new plays and m...
- NYCPlaywrights readers poll results
- 2016 Playwrights and Artists Festival
- Park Playhouse seeking new musicals
- Fall Writing Classes at Primary Stages ESPA!
- London Horror Festival 2016
- Ars Nova Residency
- Still Crazy (After All These Years!)
- David Calicchio Emerging American Playwright Prize...
- Lagos Literary and Arts Journal submission guideli...
- Generate 31 New Plays in 31 Days
- Seeking short plays for young audiences
- MRT - THE AUGUST EVENT
- Can Serrat Residency
- Free reading: PUSH DOWN GENTLY AND TURN
- Caleb Reese Festival of New Plays and Musicals
- Monsterpiece Theater Collective is seeking new pla...
- Five Minute Mile – Theatre on the Run
- Discount tickets: VISITING HOURS
- Cimientos 2016
- MRT'S Summer One Act Play Competition seeks immedi...
- Discount tickets: A DAY AT THE SEA
- Lucky Penny's 5th Annual Festival of 10 Minute Pla...
- MPAACT is seeking submissions
- Nylon Fusion Theatre Company currently accepting s...
- 2017 Briefs: A Festival of Short LGBTQ Plays
- Infinity Stage, Sound & Film seeks scripts
- Overtime Theater Call for Submissions
- play for voices and words without borders contest
- Manhattan Repertory Theatre's 10 Minute play Conte...
- Discount tickets: HYSTERICAL
- NEW DRAMATISTS RESIDENCY
- North Park Playwright Festival 2016
- SEEKING SUBMISSIONS "SUMMER OF AUDIO"
- Sound Bites 4.0 Accepting Submissions
- Free reading in New Jersey: UNBOUND
- The Amoralists Residency
- LIVEART NYC SUMMER SHORTS 2016
- The Players Follies Play Reading Festival
- The Paragon Journal wants your play
- PLAY DATE: SUMMER 2016 - seeking female playwright...
- Wordsmyth Play Reading Series
- Call for original short Halloween plays by tri-sta...
- MRTʼs SUMMER ONE ACT PLAY COMPETITION 2016
- ▼ July (48)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)