Calling all literary translators, radio dramatists, and international radio drama enthusiasts! Play for Voices, in partnership with the lovely online journal of international literature Words without Borders, seeks radio play scripts in English translation for our first contest.
We invite submissions of translated radio plays of all lengths and from all languages. The Play for Voices producers and Words without Borders editors will select the winners. The winning play(s) will be produced by Play for Voices and published in Words without Borders.
– Plays must be written or adapted for radio. We are not currently seeking unadapted stage plays or other literature.
– Plays can be of any length, and translated from any language.
– Translators should determine that performance and publishing rights are available before submitting and, if possible, provide contact information for the rights holders.
– Play for Voices and Words without Borders will retain nonexclusive first publication rights to produce and publish submissions.
– Submissions should include two attachments:
* A single MS Word document containing: 1) the English translation of the play; 2) short bios for the author and translator; 3) a translator’s note that includes background information about the play and its production history; and 4) any details regarding rights.
* A PDF of the original play.
– Multiple submissions are permitted.
– Please email submissions to email@example.com.
– Submissions will be accepted until June 31, 2016.
Please note: We are seeking only translated plays for this contest, but we encourage writers of original radio plays in English to send us their work anytime!
Please email your original English-language radio play, along with a short bio, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2017 (602)
- T. Schreiber Theatre seeks 10-minute plays
- Crossing Borders Repertory – Fall Reading
- DEATHSCRIBE: The Annual International Festival of ...
- The Bridge Initiative is accepting new plays and m...
- NYCPlaywrights readers poll results
- 2016 Playwrights and Artists Festival
- Park Playhouse seeking new musicals
- Fall Writing Classes at Primary Stages ESPA!
- London Horror Festival 2016
- Ars Nova Residency
- Still Crazy (After All These Years!)
- David Calicchio Emerging American Playwright Prize...
- Lagos Literary and Arts Journal submission guideli...
- Generate 31 New Plays in 31 Days
- Seeking short plays for young audiences
- MRT - THE AUGUST EVENT
- Can Serrat Residency
- Free reading: PUSH DOWN GENTLY AND TURN
- Caleb Reese Festival of New Plays and Musicals
- Monsterpiece Theater Collective is seeking new pla...
- Five Minute Mile – Theatre on the Run
- Discount tickets: VISITING HOURS
- Cimientos 2016
- MRT'S Summer One Act Play Competition seeks immedi...
- Discount tickets: A DAY AT THE SEA
- Lucky Penny's 5th Annual Festival of 10 Minute Pla...
- MPAACT is seeking submissions
- Nylon Fusion Theatre Company currently accepting s...
- 2017 Briefs: A Festival of Short LGBTQ Plays
- Infinity Stage, Sound & Film seeks scripts
- Overtime Theater Call for Submissions
- play for voices and words without borders contest
- Manhattan Repertory Theatre's 10 Minute play Conte...
- Discount tickets: HYSTERICAL
- NEW DRAMATISTS RESIDENCY
- North Park Playwright Festival 2016
- SEEKING SUBMISSIONS "SUMMER OF AUDIO"
- Sound Bites 4.0 Accepting Submissions
- Free reading in New Jersey: UNBOUND
- The Amoralists Residency
- LIVEART NYC SUMMER SHORTS 2016
- The Players Follies Play Reading Festival
- The Paragon Journal wants your play
- PLAY DATE: SUMMER 2016 - seeking female playwright...
- Wordsmyth Play Reading Series
- Call for original short Halloween plays by tri-sta...
- MRTʼs SUMMER ONE ACT PLAY COMPETITION 2016
- ▼ July (48)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)