The Fine Arts Association will once again showcase original, never been produced 10-minute plays. Those chosen will be fully produced as part of the 21st Annual One Act Festival - Ten Below in February, 2017 at The Fine Arts Association.
Submissions of original ten-minute plays will be accepted beginning Friday, July 1, 2016.
Submission deadline is Monday, August 15, 2016.
NEW THIS YEAR: Only ONE 10-minute submission will be accepted per playwright. Submit your favorite!
The number of plays to be produced will be at The Fine Arts Association's discretion and will depend on the mix of qualified submissions. Original plays accepted for the Festival will be announced between October 17 and October 28. The plays selected will be given full production within the capabilities and budget of The Fine Arts Association. There are no submission fees for this Festival. There will be no monetary stipend for plays used in the Festival.
Festival Submission Guidelines
- Submission must be an original, unproduced 10-minute play at time of submission. Plays that have had staged readings will be accepted. Plays that have received full productions, either professional or amateur, prior to submission will not be accepted. Legal clearance of materials not in the public domain is the full responsibility of the playwright.
- Limit of ONE play may submitted by each playwright.
- Maximum Length: 10 pages not including title pages. Play should run in the 10 minute range. Longer submissions will not be considered.
- Scripts may be comedy and drama. Not open to musicals. No more than 6 characters.
- Simple set and costumes needs and minimal technical requirements. Only basic furniture and minimal props available for the production.
- Plays must be submitted with pages numbered and include on the title page the following contact and bio information:
- International submissions are welcome. All scripts must be in English.
- All play submissions will be handled with care. However, The Fine Arts Association assumes no responsibility for lost or damaged scripts.
- Submissions may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org). E-mail submissions must be received by The Fine Arts Association by Monday, August 15, 2016 to be considered.
- Preferred document format: Microsoft Word or .PDF files ONLY. No other formats will be accepted.
- Mail submission to: Ann Hedger, Ten Minute Plays, The Fine Arts Association, 38660 Mentor Avenue, Willoughby, Ohio 44094.
- Mailed submissions must be securely bound with a title page containing full contact and bio information as outlined above.
- Scripts will not be returned. Scripts not selected will be shredded then recycled.
- Selections will be made by The Fine Arts Association Performance Department and inclusion in the festival is solely at their discretion. All decisions are final.
- All submitting playwrights will receive an email notification upon receipt of their scripts. Notification of final decisions will be made by e-mail between October 17 and October 28.