Deadline September 1, 2016
Selected projects will be previewed for Chicago audiences as part of FWD's annual high-profile industry concert produced in February 2017 (date and venue TBD,) then given a week-long 25-hour Equity contract workshop plus public staged reading by leading Chicago actors and directors between May and August 2017.
Selected writers/teams will receive a $200 honorarium for their scheduled reading. NOTE: Only completed projects will be considered and finalists will be asked to submit the full libretto, score, and complete recorded demos (must be unpublished with no prior large-scale production - requires proof of underlying rights if the work is based on copyrighted material.)
FWD does not charge a fee to apply and accepts only electronic submissions. All requested files must be placed in a single folder posted to a drop site such as Dropbox, Mediafire, Box, Google Drive, OneDrive, etc. Send the folder link to Michael Gillis, FWD Artistic Director at email@example.com and please ONLY include these exact requested materials.
- 100 word synopsis
- Cast size and character breakdown
- Writers bio/s
- The show's development history
- First 30 pages of libretto only - must start on page 1 and must include title and credits page
- 6 mp3 demo tracks - must include the show's first two songs
- Any songs not in the first 30 script pages must include a description including placement in the show and the song's function in the play
- A list of attached parties if any (director, music director, actors, agent/s, current contracts, etc.)
- Incomplete submissions or writers not following specified submission guidelines will not be considered
Please email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org