Calling ACTORS, DIRECTORS, and small theater COMPANIES!
Have a great idea for exploring a Shakespeare play?
Want to spend a week doing it?
We are pleased to announce the opening of applications for our two 2016-17 Shakespeare Works Artist Residencies. These week-long residencies are the cornerstone of our Shakespeare Works program. Residencies offer artists a unique - and rare - opportunity: spend a week asking questions, developing your knowledge, and acting on your creative impulses as you immerse yourself in the Shakespeare play of your choice.
Each Residency provides a director and 6-8 actors with
- a week's worth of free space (25 to 30 hours);
- study materials, including various editions of the Shakespeare play of the artists' choice, dictionaries, etc.;
- modest stipends for all participants;
- visiting academic, artistic and voice-text advisors; and
- the time to think, read aloud, discuss and discover.
- The week concludes with a public panel discussion reviewing the week's work in front of an audience. The program is designed to give participants the time and space to learn, experiment and explore the plays with a freedom that producing theater companies can rarely provide. The only Residency requirement is that every word of the chosen play be read aloud.
Complete your application HERE.
Deadline to be considered for an October Residency is Friday, September 2, 2016. Please contact Artistic & Development Associate Jackie Tralies with questions. Email only, no phone calls.