We will be accepting submissions for the 2017 Sky Cooper New American Play Prize from August 1 - 31, 2016.
We will no longer be accepting submissions via email or standard post. Please complete the application form and upload your materials below.
- Submissions will be accepted from August 1 – 31, 2016
- Submissions must be original, unpublished full-length plays in English in any genre
- Musicals, translations, one-acts, and any play previously submitted for the prizes are not eligible
- Plays may not have received or be scheduled for a full-scale, professional production prior to submission
- Playwrights must be citizens of the United States
- One submission per playwright is allowed each year; if you submitted for the 2017 David Calicchio Prize, you must submit the same play for both prizes
- Playwrights submitting on their own behalf should submit a 10 page dialogue sample; Agents may submit full scripts for consideration. We prefer submissions as PDF of word documents (.pdf or .doc) with last name, first name, (title of the play) as the document title. For example: Wilson, August (Seven Guitars).pdf
- For the Sky Cooper prize, the submission is required to include a professional recommendation.