The Strand Theater, now in its 9th year, is the only brick-and-mortar theater in Baltimore this season to present outstanding works written ONLY by women artists. This reflects our mission to champion challenging and provocative theater that especially celebrates women's diverse voices and perspectives supported by the creative talents of all artists.
Each fall, the Baltimore Office of Promotion and the Arts sponsors wonderful free cultural activities across the city under the Free Fall Baltimore umbrella.
Our theme for this year’s Free Fall Baltimore short play festival is “There’s no place like home,” to celebrate our recent move to our wonderful new theatrical home in northeast Baltimore’s Hamilton community. Our Free Fall plays are popular and well-attended.
Submissions are open to women playwrights of all ages. You may address the theme in any way that inspires you. Here are the guidelines:
· Plays may not exceed 10 pages (apart from title page) in standard play format.
· Plays may not exceed 3 characters (no limits on gender, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation; non-human characters are just fine).
· Title page must include title of play, short synopsis, and author contact information (name, address, e-mail, and phone). Include play title and page number on each page.
· All submissions must be PDFs.
· Due to the volume of submissions anticipated, we will only contact playwrights selected for the festival.
Deadline: September 30, 2016
Submit to: email@example.com
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2017 (601)
- PlayPenn Conference seeks full-length scripts
- THE Y.E.S. FESTIVAL
- Strand Theater seeks 10-minute plays from women
- August 1 - September 30 The Landing Theatre Compan...
- Six stage plays by Ronald Micci at Amazon
- Lady Plays Podcast
- Shakespeare in the ‘Burg Presents Fourth Annual O...
- NYCPlaywrights Survey Results
- Survey Results
- Free theater in Chicago - Artemisia Fall Festival
- M. T. Pockets Theatre 4th Annual One-Act Play Cont...
- Discount tickets: A DAY BY THE SEA
- Free theater in California: New Works Studio at Sc...
- Pint-Sized seeks 10-15 minute pieces
- New York's Equity Library Theater One Act Play Fes...
- Artistic Statements Workshop With Jill Rafson of R...
- Arkansas Theatre Collective seeks 10-minute plays
- Edgemar Center for the Arts seeks one-acts and ful...
- Theatre Three 20th Annual Festival of One Acts
- MITF seeks short plays and musicals
- MRT seeks 4 more plays
- THEATRE ROULETTE SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- QUEER SCARE III
- MRT Comic Book Play Extravaganza
- Upstream Artists’ Collective seeks original work f...
- Lama Theater Company’s Monthly Question
- CALLING WOMEN PLAYWRIGHTS FOR THE WOMEN PLAYWRIGHT...
- Free play reading in California
- Seeking 20 minute plays
- Park Square Theatre submission guidelines
- New Perspectives - Women's Work Lab
- Television Writing at Primary Stages ESPA
- Primary Stages Free Writing Workshop and Ice Crea...
- Manhattan Repertory Theatre seeks short plays
- The 2016 Billie Burke Ziegfeld Award
- 2017 Prize: Submissions Now Open
- The City Theatre National Award for Short Playwrit...
- The Hodder Fellowship
- NEW IDEAS FESTIVAL 2017
- The Players Theatre Short Play & Musical Festival ...
- ▼ September (40)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)