The Downtown Urban Arts Festival (DUAF) is currently accepting staged plays that illustrate city life for its 2017 annual season to be held during April and May in downtown New York City at the Cherry Lane Theatre and Joe’s Pub at The Public Theater.
For more info about DUAF, visit: www.duafnyc.com
THEATER @ DUAF (15th Anniversary season) will accept 18 theatrical works (plays, musicals and solo works) with running times up to 70 minutes. Each work is performed only once during the festival. There will be $1,000 awards in the categories of Best Play, Best Short and Audience. There is no submission or participation fee and each playwright will receive a monetary production stipend at the start of the festival to defray some of the production costs of presenting their work.
To submit, please forward the following to email@example.com.
(1) Playwright’s bio with contact info – name, address, phone # and email
(2) Photo of playwright
(3) Synopsis of theatrical work
(4) Complete script of theatrical work
(5) Estimated running time of work
(6) Actor/director/crew bios, if available
(7) Description of stage set (if any) and production needs (i.e. sound and lighting)
THE SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS SUNDAY, OCTOBER 16, 2016.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2017 (600)
- SLAM Boston Diverse Voices in Theatre seeks 10-min...
- 11th Annual 10 Minute Play Festival
- The University of Houston School of Theatre & Danc...
- T. Schreiber Studio & Theatre's 2017 New Works Pro...
- The Commission Theatre Company is seeking submissi...
- Blackboard Plays RedVolution Community Night seeks...
- EST/Sloan Project commissions
- Cape Cod Theater Project 2017
- The Reva Shiner Comedy Award
- Discount tickets: RENT CONTROL
- The Pacific Playwrights Festival (PPF)
- NYWINTERFEST THEATER COMPETITION SUBMISSIONS WANTE...
- CALL FOR PLAYS | NATIONAL TEN-MINUTE PLAY CONTEST
- The Richard Rodgers Awards 2017
- Snowdance® 10 Minute Comedy Festival 2017
- Tree City Playhouse 10-Minute Play Competition
- Tenth Annual Original One-Act Festival
- Theatre Southwest 12th Annual Readers Theatre
- Residency - Writers Omi at Ledig House
- Discount tickets: ONE FLEA SPARE
- New Plays for Young Audiences seeks full-length pl...
- Gary Garrison Playwriting Festival - 2016 Guidelin...
- Theatrical Botanicum Seedlings
- Manhattan Repertory Theatre Fall 10 Minute Play S...
- Eden Prairie Players Accepting Submissions of One ...
- 2017 Last Frontier Theatre Conference
- Manhattan Repertory Theatre's FALL PLAY SPECTACULA...
- Windy City Playhouse is accepting submissions for ...
- Free reading: Aphra Behn UN/MASKED
- New York Theater Workshop 2017 Fellowships
- Relationship Theatre seeks short plays
- DUAF seeking staged plays
- New Paradigm Theatre's Holiday Show 2016 to Accept...
- White Rabbit Productions seeks a team of writers
- EST Marathon of One Act Plays
- Ten Minute Plays Wanted for Festival
- Rover Dramawerks 10-Minute Play Contest
- Discount tickets: COMMUNION
- Onion Man Productions seeks ten-minute plays
- 2017 Van Lier New Voices Fellowship
- Acadia Theatre MiniFest
- Babes with Blades: Joining Sword & Pen
- SPOOKTACULAR seeks ten-minute plays
- Episcopal High School Seeks Musical Theatre Submis...
- Native Voices seeks full-length plays
- FIRST FLIGHT New Play Festival
- 2017 Jewish Plays Project Season
- Open Call: New Plays from the World
- Discount Tickets: SWEET
- MiniFest seeks one-act plays
- ▼ October (50)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)