Festival prizes to be awarded: Six plays shall be selected for production in the spring (March/April/May) of 2017. Of those six selected, one shall win the Grand Prize $150 and one shall win runner up $100 as determined by the festival play readers. Of the remaining four, one shall will an Audience Favorite Prize $100 to be determined by the audience attending the festival performances.
Guidelines for submission:
All submissions must be original, unpublished one act plays of 20 pages or less.
Submissions must be received by email between August 1, 2016 and November 1, 2016
Any submissions not adhering to the following guidelines may be eliminated from consideration.
Additional information and guidelines:
- All scripts must be submitted electronically via email in .pdf format. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- All scripts should include a short biography of the playwright for publication on website, programs, and publicity materials to be considered for evaluation.
- Playwrights will be notified via e-mail when their manuscript is received.
- Scripts should include:
- A separate title page with name of the playwright, address, telephone number and e-mail address
- A cast of characters with descriptions
- A brief synopsis
- Numbered pages
- Playwrights shall not submit more than two plays to be considered per festival year.
- Playwrights will be notified by February 15, 2017, if their play has been selected for production.
- Plays selected for production will be listed on our website, www.stagedoorproductions.org
- All production and publication rights remain the property of the playwright.
- Stage Door Productions shall have the right to produce selected scripts without payment of royalties.
- Production will be at the discretion of Stage Door Productions.
- Only stage plays will be considered. Musical, film or TV scripts will not be selected for production.
- All submissions must be original and unpublished.
- Scripts will be judged on concept, dramatic action, characterization, cast size, and dialogue. Technical requirements will be noted.
- Critical analysis or feedback will not be provided.
- Playwrights should be aware that the size of our stage is limited. There are no opportunities for elaborate scene changes.
- Please consider our audience and do not send sexually explicit or gratuitously violent scripts.