The fee will be waived for Dramatist Guild members with an enclosed photocopy of a membership card.
The Reva Shiner Comedy Award presents an unpublished full-length comedy with a cash prize of $1,000, a full production as part of the Bloomington Playwrights Project's Mainstage season, along with travel reimbursement. We are currently accepting submissions for the 2017-18 Season. The deadline is October 31, 2016.
- "Full-length" plays will have a complete running time of between 1 hour 15 minutes (75 minutes) to 2 hours 15 minutes (135 minutes).
- Plays submitted must be unpublished at the time of submission. Plays that have received developmental readings, workshop productions, or productions at small theatre companies are acceptable. No scripts with previous productions at major regional theaters will be accepted. Once entered, subsequent activity does not change the acceptability of the script.
- Each submission must include a synopsis (1 page or less) including the cast size. A separate page should include a brief bio of the playwright, and production/development history if applicable.
- Each submission must include a cover letter with contact information and a $10.00 reader fee. Agent submissions require no fee. The fee will be waived for Dramatist Guild members with an enclosed photocopy of a membership card.
- It is preferable for musicals to include a demo CD. The complete score is not necessary but may be included. All plays are read by BPP's literary personnel led by and including the Literary Manager and Artistic Director.
- We do not accept e-mail submissions. Scripts will not be returned. Blind submissions are not necessary. Please include all contact information. Plays submitted in previous years will be accepted.
- The BPP reserves the right not to name a winner and/or name a winner but not commit to a reading or production.
- Send to: Reva Shiner Comedy Award Bloomington Playwrights Project 107 W. 9th Street Bloomington, IN 47404
- Scripts must be postmarked by October 31, 2016, and received no later than November 10, 2016. We are not responsible for postal delays, and recommend you not choose to send Media Mail unless you are submitting several weeks in advance.
- For further information, write BPP, Attn: Literary Manager, 107 W. 9th Street, Bloomington, IN 47404. For faster replies, please e-mail us at email@example.com