Theatre Southwest is NOW accepting short plays for its 12th Annual Reader's Theatre Matinee! This year the TSW-RTM will happen on Sunday, Nov. 20th, 2016 at 3:00 P.M. and our new event producers Brian Heaton and Scott McWhirter will be accepting 5-10 minute scripts from NOW until November 7th, 2016 (postmarked by). Selected plays will be read and voted on by the audience in attendance and the Audience Favorite will receive a $100 prize!
Guidelines for this this year's event are as follows:
- Scripts will be accepted via snail-mail only (no emails, no PDF's).
- Scripts entered cannot be returned.
- Limit of 2 entries per playwright.
- There is NO ENTRY FEE.
- ALL scripts should be numbered with title, list of characters, brief synopsis of play and playwright's contact info on title page.
- ALL scripts should be stapled in the upper left hand corner.
- No Monologues or one man/woman plays will be accepted.
ALL genres of plays will be accepted (light comedies, heavy dramas, thrillers, mystery, sci-fi, satire) with no regard to language or subject matter content.
ALL plays should be able to be read within 5 to 10 minutes, no longer, no exceptions. If using standard play format a good gauge would be if the play's text is 4 to 11 pages long (excluding title page).
Please make sure the play you are submitting is conducive to Reader's Theatre, simple stage directions, story mostly expressed through dialogue, not action.
Approximately 8-12 plays will be selected to be given a performance level read, and the playwrights selected will be informed prior to the event.
ALL entries should be mailed to:
Houston, TX 77063
To learn more about Theatre Southwest's Special Events go to the below link:
Note: At present the section on How to submit a play to the TSW-RTM has not been updated from last year's (2015) guidelines, so please refer to the guidlelines listed HERE when submitting.