In 2017, the thematic frame guiding the foundation’s open call for proposals is racial justice in the United States, and more specifically the epidemic of mass incarceration. Through that lens we are seeking proposals from activist artists who are pursuing ambitious creative projects that directly tackle the issue of mass incarceration.
Applying lessons from the inaugural round of fellowship applications, the foundation decided to narrow the focus of future open calls by inviting projects addressing a specific issue or theme. The issue area is subject to change. The 2016 and 2017 cohorts of Artist as Activist Fellows are addressing racial justice through the lens of mass incarceration.
The online application to the 2017 Artist as Activist Two Year Fellowship is now open. This is the only open call for grant proposals the foundation will announce in 2017.
2017 ARTIST AS ACTIVIST TWO-YEAR FELLOWSHIP
Racial justice with particular focus on mass incarceration
WHO SHOULD APPLY?
US-based artists and artist collectives seeking to work full-time on an
ambitious creative work tackling this issue
May 2017 – April 2019
Up to $100,000 over a two-year period
December 7, 2016, 11:59 pm (EST)
Please note, the Foundation is not able to grant extensions or accept late submissions
March 17–March 24, 2017
For applicatant invited to move to next round
Late April 2017
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2017 (604)
- Little Black Dress seeks 10-minute plays
- Submissions wanted for Pinning Our Hopes: A Night ...
- Everyday Inferno Theatre Co. seeks one-act plays
- Manhattan Rep’s January Short Play Competition
- New Works Festival 2017 Script Submission
- The Monthly Question December 2016
- Campfire Theatre Festival is accepting submissions...
- Urban Stages CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS THE JANUARY PLA...
- NYCPlaywrights poll results
- Pallas Theatre Collective seeks musicals
- 2017 National Latino Playwriting Award
- 2017 ARTIST AS ACTIVIST TWO-YEAR FELLOWSHIP
- Manhattan Rep's December Holiday Event 2016
- MANHATTAN REP'S WINTER PLAY SPECTACULAR
- Between Us Productions is seeking 10 minute plays
- Theatre InspiraTO's 12th Playwriting Contest is no...
- Playwriting Group and New Play Festival
- Live Girls! Theater seeking ten-minute plays
- Seeking new plays, screenplays, and performance pi...
- ANNUAL SHORT PLAY COMPETITION: THINK FAST 2017
- The Joust Theatre Company's Inaugural Workshop Ser...
- LAMA THEATER COMPANY IS CALLING ALL PLAYWRIGHTS TO...
- Four Quarter Theater, a NYC based theater ensemble...
- Gallery Players seeks plays
- Seeking submissions for the Spring 2017 season
- Discount tickets: SWEET
- MULTISTAGES 2017 NEW WORKS CONTEST
- ELEVENTH NOR'EASTERN PLAYWRITING CONTEST
- Lakeshore Players Theatre is accepting submissions...
- Därkhorse Dramatists seeks one-act plays
- 365 Women A Year: a playwriting project
- MRT seeks short plays
- Camargo Foundation Residencies
- Prize for Women Playwrights
- 8th Annual Northport One-Act Play Festival
- PROOF OF CONCEPT: A READING SERIES FOR INVESTIGATI...
- Association for Theatre in Higher Education ATHE ...
- Jewish Women's Theatre seeks scripts
- Manhattan Repertory Theatre seeks 10 minute plays
- Theatre Southwest is now accepting 5- to 10-minute...
- Stage Left Theater call for 1-minute plays for Fas...
- ▼ November (41)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)