SUBMISSIONS ARE OPEN TO EMERGING PLAYWRIGHTS WITH SCRIPTS THAT HAVE NEVER BEEN PRODUCED.
"Emerging" is defined as a playwright that has not had more than two professional productions or a published script.
"Never been produced" means plays that have had small readings and workshops are fine, but plays that have been previously produced or published are not accepted.
We will accept plays in two categories:
- One-act: Play must be between ten and sixty pages with no intermissions.
- Full-length: Play must be more than sixty pages, less than one hundred and twenty pages, and may have an intermission.
IF YOU ARE SELECTED:
- Your play will be assigned a cast and director
- Your play will be presented in a staged reading during our festival in Fall 2017 in Boise, Idaho
- You will receive a prize of either $100 for a selected full-length play or $50 for a selected one-act
- Campfire Theatre Festival is not currently able to provide playwright travel stipends; however, if a selected playwright can provide their own travel to Boise for the festival, all efforts will be made to assist with housing and meals.
The deadline for submissions is December 15, 2016.
We will accept the first 100 one-act plays and 200 full-length plays and close submissions when we receive that many, even if it's before the deadline.
Please email email@example.com with the requested materials:
- A theatrical resume titled "RESUME" including contact information
- A document titled "ADDITIONAL INFO" containing the following:
- A short response to the following question: Why do you think this opportunity would benefit you at this point in your career?
- A casting breakdown (specific requirements, doubling, cast size, etc.)
- A brief note on technical requirements
- A short synopsis
- A copy of your script titled "SCRIPT", blinded (no names or identifying info please!). The play must be in proper stageplay format or it will not be read.
PLEASE EMAIL DAYNA@CAMPFIRETHEATREFESTIVAL.COM WITH ANY QUESTIONS.