MultiStages, a multicultural, multidisciplinary theatre company located in New York City, is seeking original, unproduced, high quality full-length multidisciplinary plays by established and emerging writers for its eighth New Works Contest. The Contest Winner will receive a Workshop Staged Reading with professional actors or a Fully-Staged Production at a reputable theatre in New York City under an AEA approved code. The Finalists will receive a Staged Reading with professional actors in the New Works Festival.
MultiStages produces non-traditional multicultural, multidisciplinary theatre works that incorporate a fusion of art forms rarely found in today’s theatre. These fusions include collaborations with artists working in dance, music composition (including opera), visual arts, puppetry, poetry, multimedia, et al. If your play includes music, you may choose to submit with a composer. All submitted scripts must be multidisciplinary and multicultural, and respect non-traditional casting choices. All productions are subject to development by MultiStages in collaboration with the playwright.
You must Include:
- Complete Script (w/ title only) in PDF. DO NOT include your name, this is a BLIND contest.
- Script Cover Page (w/ title, author name(s), personal and/or agency contact info).
- Up-to-date Resume and Bio.
- Artistic Statement including Multidisciplinary and Multicultural Elements in the play.
- We accept Scripts by EMAIL ONLY – please email a PDF script, resume, bio, and Artistic Statement, and anything else we need to know about you to: email@example.com.
- Disciplines: If your discipline is music, visual arts, or video, you may send us a link to samples or send via dropbox or other shared server. If you need to send your discipline attachment via hard copy, submit to: Lorca Peress, Artistic Director, MultiStages, 344 West 87th Street (2R), New York, NY 10024. Include a cover note that this is the attachment to said play. Do not include any personal info on the attachments as they may be forwarded to our judges.
Deadline: Midnight, 12/31/16
No Submission Fee
Announcements: Spring 2017 – Semi-Finalists; Summer 2017 – Finalists and Winner
New Works Finalist Reading Festival (Finalists): TBS 2017 or 2018
Workshop or Production (Winner): TBS in 2018
Questions: address to Lorca Peress at firstname.lastname@example.org