HGGT is holding their 2017 Carlton E. Spitzer’s Excellence in Playwriting contest. Submissions are now being accepted through December 31, 2016. Click to find out more.
Winner will be notified in June/July 2017. Winner will receive cash award of not less than $500 for the premiere production.
Winner will permit HGGT to perform the play or portions of the play without payment of fee with full credit to playwright in all promotional and printed materials.
HGGT assures entrants their work will not be copied or used in any way other than described herein. HGGT reserves the right to not choose a winning play.
Special submission guidelines for 2017 contest
We are looking specifically for two types of submissions
Short plays or monologues that require few characters and focus on disability issues in business or the workplace.
Short plays or monologues about figures in history that had a disability or dealt with discrimination.
• Each submission must be an original play not yet performed.
• Each must be consistent with the mission of HGGT: To raise public awareness of disability and discrimination in society through dramatizations of real life and fictional experiences.
• Each must include written permission of all living persons portrayed.
• Each must include playwright’s name, address, telephone, and email address and synopsis of the play and characters.
• Each must be sent in Word or similar format. At least 10 minutes in length. Can be a play, one act or monologue.
Please submit each entry to:firstname.lastname@example.org by December 31, 2016.
Click here for more info on the Carlton E. Spitzer’s Excellence in Playwriting contest.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ► 2017 (604)
- Women in the Age of Trump - the semi-finalists
- Bill Broyles Award
- SKIRTS, the AlphaNYC Theater Company's Winter Thea...
- Carlton E. Spitzer’s Excellence in Playwriting 20...
- Promising Playwright Contest 2017
- Manhattan Repertory Theatre's 10 Minute Play Serie...
- MULTISTAGES 2017 NEW WORKS CONTEST
- The Navigators Theater Company seeks 10-minute pla...
- Proscenium is now accepting submissions
- Las Vegas Little Theatre's 9th Annual New Works Co...
- Call for Submissions For 5th Annual LaBute New The...
- The Robert J. Pickering Award for Playwriting Exce...
- WOMEN IN THE AGE OF TRUMP: submissions are now clo...
- Women in the Age of Trump - NYCPlaywrights call fo...
- Manhattan Repertory Theatre's SHORT PLAY PROJECT
- Source Festival 2017 10-Minute Play Submissions
- INK tank seeks playwrights of color
- Native American New Play Festival
- Premiere Stages seeks full-length plays
- Little Festival of the Unexpected 2016
- East Village Chronicles, Volume 13 April 2017
- Samuel French: Playwrights welcome
- Horse Trade Submission Guidelines
- Discount tickets: PUFFS
- Seeking 10-minute plays for show at Lucky Jacks on...
- The Owl and Cat Theatre seeks provocative world Pr...
- The Robert Chesley/Victor Bumbalo Foundation resid...
- HERE Artist Residency Program (HARP)
- Manhattan Rep's FEBRUARY SHORT PLAY PARTY
- Austin Playhouse Festival of New American Plays
- Undiscovered Countries seeking short sci-fi plays
- PL.A.Y Noir: One Act Play Festival
- 10-10 FESTIVAL SCRIPT SUBMISSION
- Celtic Calling 2017 Playwriting Contest
- Desde el Puente 2nd Annual One Act Play Festival
- Vermont Pride Theater at Chandler seeks full-lengt...
- Evergreen Museum & Library Artist-in-Residency Pro...
- MANHATTAN REP'S SPRING PLAY SPECTACULAR
- Act One: One Act Festival January 9th - 28th
- Spring Writing Classes at Primary Stages ESPA!
- KUMU KAHUA THEATRE/UHM THEATRE AND DANCE DEPARTMEN...
- East End Fringe Festival
- This Is Not Normal: Application Call
- 2017 NEW VOICES PLAY FESTIVAL
- Pallas Theatre Collective welcomes submissions of ...
- The call for submissions is now open for EURODRAM ...
- ▼ December (46)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)