The New Play Lab of the 36th William Inge Theater Festival and Conference offers playwrights who are attending the Festival an opportunity to have their work seen by professional writers, directors, and actors from around the country. In addition, all play lab playwrights work directly with elite writers in hands-on writing workshops.
SCRIPTS: all scripts must be submitted in PDF format; any other format will be disqualified. No hard copy submissions are permitted. Your title page may not have any identifying information -- no author name or address -- or it will be returned to you. Give your script file the name 2017 + TITLE (for instance, 2017 Bus Stop.pdf).
IN A SEPARATE DOCUMENT, write the title of the play, your name and contact information, include a concise bio, a short synopsis of the play, and a summary of how you think your play would benefit from a play lab reading and panel response. Please give this accompanying document the name: TITLE only (i.e. Bus Stop.doc). Note: this document must be in Word (.doc) or RTF (.rtf) format, to enable us to copy your bio and synopsis into our Play Lab program.
Submit Script and accompanying Separate Document attached to an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE: SUBMISSIONS WILL BE CAPPED at 720 plays.
WHAT IS THE SUBMISSION DEADLINE?
The deadline is midnight, January 31, 2017. No submissions will be accepted after that date.
WHAT IS THE INGE FESTIVAL NEW PLAY LAB MISSION?
The Play Lab is a creative enhancement for playwrights attending the Festival. As hosts of playwrights in residence and their resulting developmental workshops for the past 15 years, we approach new play development with both rigor and sensitivity. We are working to support attending playwrights who are as passionate about this process as we are, who look to further their work by a response from their peers.
WHAT SUPPORT DOES THE NEW PLAY LAB PROVIDE?
We provide a venue, cast, director, response panel and audience comprised of our local community, guest artists and scholars of the Festival. All conference attendees are responsible for booking their own travel arrangements and accommodations. In future years, we hope to offer sponsorships to offset these costs, but we are unable to do so this year. We do offer steeply discounted housing in our campus dorms, as needed.
If you are looking for a developmental opportunity that does not require festival attendance, consider applying for one of our four annual playwright residences of nine weeks’ duration, which result in a week-long developmental workshop, pay a generous stipend, and enable you to live and work in the Inge House. To apply for a residency, please visit our website: ingecenter.org, and click on the Residencies and Education tab on our home page.
WHAT IS EXPECTED OF THE PLAYWRIGHT?
Playwrights will be asked to discuss the play with their creative team prior to the festival, as available. The playwright is required to be present for the reading of their play and participate in the response by the panel immediately following.
WHAT KINDS OF PLAYS CAN I SUBMIT?
Plays must be one-acts. Musicals and plays for young audiences cannot be accepted. Submissions may have had a previous reading, workshop, or non-Equity production; as a rule, though, the play lab is intended to develop new works.
For any and all questions, please address your email to: email@example.com
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
Sunday, January 29, 2017
- Discount Tickets: DRUNKLE VANYA
- MARCH ONE ACT PLAY COMPETITION
- The Magnet Theater’s Very Own 10-Minute Play Festi...
- Cupcake Lady Productions seeks rotten 10-minute pl...
- Call for Submissions for Flying Solo 5
- 36TH WILLIAM INGE THEATER FESTIVAL - CALL FOR PLAY...
- Articulate Theatre Company seeks 10-minute plays
- The Play-Off a short play contest
- Heartland Theater Company 2017 10-Minute Play Fest...
- The North Carolina Black Repertory Company seeks p...
- SHORT PLAY NON-FEST 2017
- Music Theatre of Madison seeks new musicals
- Transitioning from Stage to Screen Workshop
- Free theater event: EAG to host Dancers Speak: Lea...
- WIT KAUAI SHORTS
- Summer Mellerdramer 2017
- MITF: Spring Seeks Variety Acts
- Seeking Female-Identifying Playwrights For Short P...
- Indie Boots Theatre Festival
- 2017 VSA Playwright Discovery Program - Individual...
- MRT seeks 10 minute plays
- Fresh Fruit 2017.
- MITF: Summer Short Play Lab
- Queens Theatre seeks 10-minute plays
- The Craft of the Adaptation: Adapting Materials fo...
- Manhattan Rep's Summer Play Spectacular
- Theatre East Call for 10 Minute Play Submissions
- Living Room Theater New Play Incubator: Cultural I...
- Women in the Age of Trump semi-finalists - “We’re...
- Detroit New Works Festival
- Women in the Age of Trump Finalists
- Women in the Age of Trump: LAURA'S EARLY RETURNS
- The Players Theatre Short Play & Musical Festival
- Women in the Age of Trump: THE CURFEW
- Women in the Age of Trump: RENEGE
- Women in the Age of Trump: MEDUSA
- Women in the Age of Trump: NEW ACTS FOR OLD LESBIA...
- Women in the Age of Trump: SWITCHING SIDES
- Women in the Age of Trump: THE TOWER
- Women in the Age of Trump: IF SHE WERE NOT MY DAUG...
- great weather for MEDIA
- Women in the Age of Trump: MY EYES ARE UP HERE
- ESPAfest 2017: Free Writing Workshops, Master Clas...
- Women in the Age of Trump: PENICILLIN, CREEP
- Women in the Age of Trump: THE FLUIDITY OF TRUTH
- Women in the Age of Trump: FASTER THAN BULLETS
- Women in the Age of Trump: SHE SAID
- Women in the Age of Trump: SAYING THE NAMES
- Women in the Age of Trump: STAMINA
- Women in the Age of Trump: 2M2H
- Playwright opportunity / Adaptation of George Sand...
- Women in the Age of Trump: AMY
- Getting it Written
- Call for One Act Scripts for Gadfly's Final Front...
- Women in the Age of Trump: DEATH BY DOLLY
- Sundog Theatre is seeking one-act plays for "Scen...
- The Future Is Female Festival
- Women in the Age of Trump: IT'S GOING TO BE A GREA...
- Women in the Age of Trump: BARBED WIRE MINUTE
- Women in the Age of Trump: STACY'S COOKIES
- MRT seeking 7 - 20 minute fully produced one act p...
- Exquisite Corpse Company Spring 2017 Writer's Lab
- Women in the Age of Trump: ALAYA
- Something Marvelous invites you to submit your wor...
- Women in the Age of Trump: TRUMPETTES ANONYMOUS
- Random Access Theatre Company is accepting scripts...
- Women in the Age of Trump: SEARCH TEAM
- PLAYLIGHT THEATRE COMPANY SPOTLIGHT SERIES PROPOS...
- Women in the Age of Trump: GRUMPY FRUMP IN A SLUMP...
- The City Theatre of Independence Playwright Festiv...
- Women in the Age of Trump: PRIVATE
- QUEERLY BELOVED 10 minute plays for Valentine's Da...
- Women in the Age of Trump: NIGHTMARE by Cassandra ...
- NOW TAKING SUBMISSIONS FOR THEATREGASM TURNS 10
- Women in the Age of Trump: DEMONSTRATION
- Women in the Age of Trump: COURAGEOUS COWARD
- Leah Ryan's Fund for Emerging Women Writers
- Women in the Age of Trump: FIVE TRIPS TO MORRISTOW...
- Monday Theatre Company seeks plays
- Arundel Festival 2017 Writers’ Competition
- Women in the Age of Trump: TOUGH COOKIES
- Women in the Age of Trump: HATE MALE
- Nominations sought for the James Tait Black Prize ...
- Playwriting Competition Call for Submissions
- The First Draft at Primary Stages
- Women in the Age of Trump: EVICTED
- Palm Beach Dramaworks
- Women in the Age of Trump: PLEASE DONATE SO KAYLA ...
- Women in the Age of Trump: WE GATHER TOGETHER
- Women in the Age of Trump: TELEPATHY
- On the Air Radio Players seeks radio plays
- Women in the Age of Trump: “MACTRUMP” Playlet Spoo...
- Women in the Age of Trump: CLINTON VERSUS TRUMP SE...
- Women in the Age of Trump: ASKING FOR IT
- 2017 MN Shorts Festival
- Women in the Age of Trump: JACK PORK
- Women in the Age of Trump: PRIVATE CITIZEN
- Women in the Age of Trump: STAY WOKE
- Women in the Age of Trump: WAIT FOR IT
- Happy New Year 2017!
- ▼ January (100)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)