Big Apple Theater Festival is a new monthly event which presents a series of 10-12 minute one act plays in the heart of New York City. Each month the festival will highlight 5 short one act plays from playwrights and cast from the New York City metropolitan area.
Our next festival will take place April 8th, 2017
- All plays must have a running-time of 10-12 minutes or less
- All genres of shows are welcome to submit
- All shows MUST be previously unproduced
- Submission deadline is February 15. Notification will be soon after submission.
- Productions must be non-union and no Equity Waivers
- Production values must be kept to a minimum: MUST BE VERY MINIMAL TECH REQUIREMENT. Costumes and hand props ONLY. THERE WILL ONLY BE 5 MINUTES BETWEEN PRODUCTIONS. Therefore, we will only have 5 minutes to transfer props/set.
- Tickets are $20. Each playwright and director gets to watch his/her show for free. There are no other comps.
- There will be a tech rehearsal from 3:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. on Saturday, April 8th.
- Each play gets 2 performances, the first show will be Saturday, April 8th at 7:00 p.m. and the second show will be at 9:00 p.m.
A 100 word synopsis of the play
The complete script + character breakdown
Your telephone number and e-mail
E-MAIL ALL REQUIRED MATERIAL TO SUBMISSIONS@BIGAPPLETHEATERFESTIVAL.COM . (THERE ARE NO FEES TO SUBMIT)
PLAYWRIGHTS, DIRECTORS AND CAST WILL RECEIVE:
4 hours of rehearsal time (For all 5 one act plays combined). Therefore, Each play will get to rehearse their one act performance approximately 4 times each.
3 hours of tech rehearsal prior to the show on performance day (3:00 p.m.-6:00 p.m. on April 8th)
2 performances of their one act play, one on April 8th at 7:00 p.m. and the second at 9:00 p.m.
There will be a Playwrights reception following the performances at 9:30 p.m.