Play Submission Guidelines
The play selection team is now accepting script submissions for consideration! If your submission is chosen, your play will be performed in July 2017 at CVLT’s River Street Playhouse. This is a “black box” environment which seats approximately 65 patrons. It has limited wing space, no fly system, and rudimentary lighting. Playwrights whose scripts are chosen will be contacted early in 2017.
- Plays must be received by no later than February 28, 2017.
- You must be 18 years or older to submit a script.
- Scripts must be complete. Scenes from a full-length production or from other works cannot be accepted.
- Your show should have an estimated production “running time” of 10-12 minutes.
- Your script must be original – CVLT will not accept responsibility for copyright violations.
- CVLT reserves the right to choose directors for each play. You may not direct your own production.
- While the primary mission of The 10-10 is to introduce works that have not been read or produced in public, we are accepting previously produced/read scripts for consideration.
- You may submit multiple plays. We ask that you submit only your best scripts and keep the number of submissions to a reasonable amount.
- CVLT cannot compensate you for your submission, nor will you receive compensation if your script is chosen for production. Our actors and staff are volunteers. All proceeds from the production go to actual production costs and facility upkeep.
- CVLT will not produce, release, or distribute your work without permission.