FROM PAGE TO STAGE is a festival of new musical theatre dedicated to showcasing un-produced work and work in development to an audience to garner feedback and create new opportunities for the artistes involved.
We are delighted that the fifth annual FROM PAGE TO STAGE festival has been invited to Andrew Lloyd Webber's newest theatre The Other Palace.
The 2017 festival will open for submissions on November 28, 2016 and close February 28, 2017.
To submit for an application, you will need:
- Information about the piece and its writers (names, cast sizes, etc.)
- A 100 word summary of the show
- 3 mp3 song files
- a pdf of the first 20 pages of the libretto
- 1 piano/vocal sheet music example
From Page to Stage funds and arranges the inclusion of the selected pieces, endeavouring to pay a fair wage to all contracted artistes. The festival is not intended for profit but to allow new work a platform on which to be developed and exposed to new audiences. Our aim is to develop new work, excite audiences about the opportunity to see pieces in the first stages of development, and support the creatives involved in the process.
For the 2017 season, there will be a number of ways that your piece could be included.
Pieces will be selected to receive fully-staged, rehearsed readings. This includes a week of rehearsal, a cast of up to 8, a creative team, and three performances each. The readings are a perfect opportunity for a piece that is finished but perhaps has not been put on its feet yet.
Pieces will also be selected to be a part of the showcase evenings. They will be performed by rep casts and will also receive a week’s rehearsal, creative teams, and multiple performances each. The showcases are 30 minutes long per piece and we will adapt or abridge each piece to suit. (Shows with larger casts are therefore able to submit for showcases, as material shown can be arranged to fit within casting limits.)
One piece will receive a fully produced production. With three weeks of rehearsal, a cast of 8-10, a creative team, and 10-12 performances, depending on the schedule, the headline musical is a piece that is ready to be performed and simply has not had the opportunity.
We will also have a number of Gala Performances, highlighting songs from submitted shows. (A perfect opportunity for shows that are not yet complete.)
There will also be opportunities for writers/writing teams to present cabaret-style evenings of their back catalogue or work in development. These songwriter showcases will be musically driven, not productions, and should be applied for only by writers with three or more shows to draw upon.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- The Anna Zornio Children's Theatre Playwriting Awa...
- Edward F. Albee Foundation guidelines
- The Princeton Theatre Group New Works Festival - ...
- Chagrin Valley 10-10 FESTIVAL SCRIPT SUBMISSION
- UN-CHARTED NEW WORKS FESTIVAL
- Helen McCloy Scholarship
- Mixed Blood Submission Guidelines
- ANNOUNCING PLAYFEST 2017 NEW PLAY SUBMISSIONS
- Moonlit Wings International Playwright Contest 201...
- *CALLING FEMALE PLAYWRIGHTS* The Future Is Female ...
- Urban Stages Emerging Playwright Award Submission ...
- Woodward/Newman Drama Award
- Adapt your Play (or any material) into a Screenpla...
- HUDSON THEATRE WORKS IS LOOKING FOR PLAY SUBMISSIO...
- Script Submissions for Playwrights’ Revolution
- Celebration Barn Residency
- THE PLAYWRIGHTS GROUP — A WEEKLY WORKSHOP
- Yale Repertory Theatre submission guidelines
- The First Draft at Primary Stages
- JANE CHAMBERS PLAYWRITING AWARD
- MANHATTAN REP'S PLAY PRODUCTION PROGRAM
- FROM PAGE TO STAGE
- New Light Theater Project Darkroom 13
- EVCT Aspiring Playwrights Contest 2017
- Bacchanalia 2017 New Play Readings Festival
- New Aesthetics two-week summer intensive
- Headwaters call for submissions
- Park Plays Festival
- Prism Festival
- Discount Tickets: THE VIEW UPSTAIRS
- Screenwriting Structure at Primary Stages ESPA
- BIG APPLE THEATER FESTIVAL
- Panglossian Playwrights submission guidelines
- 2017 Jerome Emerging Artists Residency (August) - ...
- Bad Theater Fest Philadelphia
- Watermelon One-Act Festival (Baltimore MD)
- Online Writing Classes at Primary Stages
- Seeking Ten Minute Plays for the 5th Annual Take T...
- MITF: Summer
- Fantastic.Z 2017 New Works Festival
- ▼ February (40)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)