Athena Project—located in Denver, Colorado—is proud to announce the call for submissions for its Plays In Progress Series (PIP Series). This Series will take place in Denver at a location to be determined over the course of approximately March-April 2018, as part of a larger arts festival celebrating the voices of female artists. Three to four new plays will be selected based on a blind submission process and given a dramaturg, director, cast and workshop level production during the Festival. One play from the PIP Series 2018 will be awarded a full production in March of 2019 based on a combination of a panel of judges and audience vote.
Scripts are being accepted from March 3 - April 15, 2017.
Submission Guidelines are as follows:
1. Playwright must be female or identify as female and may only submit ONE full-length script.
2. The play must not have ever had a fully mounted production. Prior workshop presentations are accepted, but the script must be a new version since the time of the workshop.
3. Submission must include:
a. Full copy of script (without playwright contact info*)
b. Character breakdown (without playwright contact info*)
c. Short synopsis of script (300 word limit, without playwright contact info*)
e. Cover letter addressing what the playwright would like to accomplish with the workshop presentation and how she heard about the call for submissions
*Contact info must be listed ONLY on resume and cover letter, not on the script or any other documents (submissions will be read blind). All documents should include the Title of the Play, but no playwright contact information.
4. Plays submitted without all supporting materials included will be disqualified.
5. We recommend the playwright be able to travel to the area for rehearsals as needed if selected, and for at least one workshop production performance at their own expense. We will select 3-4 playwrights to participate in the PIP Series and hope to strike a balance between local and national work. Exact rehearsal and performance schedules will be worked out with the director, dramaturg, and playwright after all plays are selected.
6. Please submit your play via our website at www.AthenaProjectFestival.org
Please contact us via LiteraryManager@AthenaProjectFestival.org if you have any questions about submitting. You will receive a confirmation upon receipt of materials.
Please read the FAQ’s found on the website for more information and details/restrictions on submissions.
Deadline to submit all materials is midnight, April 15, 2017
Three or four finalists will be selected by September 2017
Directors and Dramaturgs will be selected by November 2017
Casting will be between December-January 2017/18
Rehearsals will begin in February 2018
Plays In Progress Series (part of Athena Project’s Arts Festival) opens approximately March 2018
CALL FOR OTHER ARTISTS’ SUBMISSIONS FOR THE 2018 FESTIVAL WILL BE LATER THIS FALL. PLEASE VISIT OUR WEBSITE FOR FURTHER INFO OR SIGN UP TO RECEIVE OUR NEWSLETTERS FOR THE MOST UP TO DATE INFORMATION.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- Marion Thauer Brown Audio Drama Scriptwriting Comp...
- Playwrights Realm Writing Fellowship
- 2017 ROCKFORD NEW PLAY FESTIVAL
- MITF seeks short plays and musicals
- Park Avenue United Methodist Church Seeks work for...
- 9Thirty Theatre Company (9TTC) accepts submissions...
- APAC SEEKS SCRIPTS FOR 24TH ANNUAL ORIGINAL PLAY F...
- Village Playwrights Loud and Proud
- 20th Annual Aurand Harris Memorial Playwriting Awa...
- Geva Theatre Open Submission Window
- Open Bar Theatricals Fellowship
- Pride Films and Plays: Call for Entries to LezPlay...
- Summer Writing Classes at Primary Stages ESPA!
- 1st New York International FRIDGE Festival
- The 2018 Boston Project: Call for Proposals
- BOSTON FURNACE FRINGE
- Big Apple Theater Festival seeks 10-minute plays
- EMOS ~ Ecodrama Playwrights Festival & Symposium ~...
- The Ypsi THRIVE New Short Play Festival
- Off With Her Head Productions is accepting submiss...
- Women in the Age of Trump: STAY WOKE (excerpt) by ...
- NYSUMMERFEST PLAYWRIGHT/MUSICAL/ONE ACT/ SHORT FES...
- Arch and Bruce Brown 2017 Playwriting Competition
- Talk Back Theatre seeks plays for readings in Cali...
- Renegade Theatre Festival
- LIC One Act Festival 2017
- Capital Repertory Theatre’s (theREP) New Voices ev...
- RADD Productions seeks work
- Nylon Fusion Theatre Company is currently acceptin...
- Thespian Production seeks short plays
- Seeking Summer Shorts 10-Minute Scripts
- York Theatre Company Developmental Reading Series
- The Players Theatre Short Play & Musical Festival ...
- The Chameleon Theatre Circle's 18th Annual New Pla...
- Apothetae at Lark Playwriting Fellowship
- Ox-Bow Residency 2017
- Left Coast Theatre Co. seeks 10- to 15-Minute Play...
- The Dr. Floyd Gaffney Playwriting Competition 2017...
- Red Theater of Chicago offers free tickets
- Open Space Arts Summer Playwright's Festival
- Women in the Age of Trump: WAIT FOR IT by Lisa Car...
- MANHATTAN REP'S SUMMER PLAY SPECTACULAR
- The 50th Annual John Gassner Memorial Playwriting ...
- 2017 ENGAGING ARTISTS FELLOWSHIP
- Equity Library Theater Summer 2017 Play Festival
- The Puppeteers of America Rose Endowment Fund
- LIVE ART - NEW YORK CITY MAY 2017 Manhattan Repert...
- SPECIAL RATES AVAILABLE FOR NYCPLAYWRIGHTS: Robert...
- LGBTQ Short Play Contest Fresh Fruit Festival New ...
- Athena Project seeks Plays in Progress
- BRB Artists Retreat
- Tenured Son Theatre 2018 Season - full-length play...
- Balkan Regional Playwrights Contest for Children’s...
- I AM SOUL Playwright Residency
- Artists' Exchange 12th Annual One Act Play Festiva...
- Page 73 Playwriting Fellowship
- Shakespeare's Birthday Sonnet Slam
- ▼ April (57)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)