Left Coast Theatre Co. seeks 10- to 15-Minute Plays of any genre (comedy, drama, etc.) that relate to the theme listed below.
We encourage innovative/humorous/surprising scripts that address the following:
THE MORNING AFTER
Left Coast Theatre Co. returns to its roots with “The Morning After,” an anthology of original LGBTQ shorts. This year we are looking for plays that address big moments we experience in life: weddings, funerals, breakups, proposals, birthdays, coming out. But sometimes it’s the morning after that really changes our lives. We are looking for shorts that showcases the hilarity, the joy, the grief, the angst, and the uncertainty of the morning after the big event. #LCTCmorning
- Playwrights may submit no more than two 10- to 15-Minute Plays.
- Plays may be no longer than 10-15 pages, exclusive of your title and character pages.
- Plays must include an LGBTQ theme, character, event, etc.
- Plays must contain no more than 5 characters.
- Set, props and costume requirements should be minimal.
- Script should include title page with play title, playwright’s name and contact info as well as a character page that includes a brief summary of the play and how it relates to the theme.
- Plays must be submitted in PDF format.
- To submit your Play to the LCTC, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and title – which must include “The Morrning After…” – in the subject line (i.e. “Jane Doe – The Morning After I Told My Parents”).
Due: April 30th, 2017 at 5:00pm PST. No late entries. No exceptions.
Playwrights whose scripts have been selected for “The Morning After” will be notified in late May 2017.
$50 stipend is available for selected playwrights.
“The Morning After” runs at the Shelton Theater in San Francisco from November 2-18, 2017.