SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN FOR
Short Play & Musical Festival – NYC
June 8 – 25, 2017
DATES & LOCATIONS:
June 8 – 25, 2017
The Steve & Marie Sgouros Theatre at The Players Theatre (3rd floor*)
115 MacDougal Street, New York, NY 10012
3 weeks, 4 performances weekly (Thursday through Sunday)
5 plays and musicals featured each week.
Short Plays and Musicals with a performance time of 15 minutes or less, no more than 15 pages in length.
Writers are eligible to submit up to 2 plays.
THEME: “NYC – Only in New York”
New York City is like no other place in the world! We are seeking plays that get to the heart of the Big Apple and explore what makes this town tick. Unique New York – it’s more than a tongue twister – it is a way of life!
All plays submitted must be centered on, or revolve around this theme.
** Note **
1) Playwrights are responsible for producing their own play – Host provides Theatre, technicians and box office
2) If selected, there is a $100 REFUNDABLE deposit required and a $50 NON-refundable tech fee required
Plays MUST be NO MORE 15 minutes in length and no more than 15 pages
Submissions open: March 28, 2017
Submissions close: April 21, 2017 at 5pPlay selection announced on: April 29, 2017
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- Marion Thauer Brown Audio Drama Scriptwriting Comp...
- Playwrights Realm Writing Fellowship
- 2017 ROCKFORD NEW PLAY FESTIVAL
- MITF seeks short plays and musicals
- Park Avenue United Methodist Church Seeks work for...
- 9Thirty Theatre Company (9TTC) accepts submissions...
- APAC SEEKS SCRIPTS FOR 24TH ANNUAL ORIGINAL PLAY F...
- Village Playwrights Loud and Proud
- 20th Annual Aurand Harris Memorial Playwriting Awa...
- Geva Theatre Open Submission Window
- Open Bar Theatricals Fellowship
- Pride Films and Plays: Call for Entries to LezPlay...
- Summer Writing Classes at Primary Stages ESPA!
- 1st New York International FRIDGE Festival
- The 2018 Boston Project: Call for Proposals
- BOSTON FURNACE FRINGE
- Big Apple Theater Festival seeks 10-minute plays
- EMOS ~ Ecodrama Playwrights Festival & Symposium ~...
- The Ypsi THRIVE New Short Play Festival
- Off With Her Head Productions is accepting submiss...
- Women in the Age of Trump: STAY WOKE (excerpt) by ...
- NYSUMMERFEST PLAYWRIGHT/MUSICAL/ONE ACT/ SHORT FES...
- Arch and Bruce Brown 2017 Playwriting Competition
- Talk Back Theatre seeks plays for readings in Cali...
- Renegade Theatre Festival
- LIC One Act Festival 2017
- Capital Repertory Theatre’s (theREP) New Voices ev...
- RADD Productions seeks work
- Nylon Fusion Theatre Company is currently acceptin...
- Thespian Production seeks short plays
- Seeking Summer Shorts 10-Minute Scripts
- York Theatre Company Developmental Reading Series
- The Players Theatre Short Play & Musical Festival ...
- The Chameleon Theatre Circle's 18th Annual New Pla...
- Apothetae at Lark Playwriting Fellowship
- Ox-Bow Residency 2017
- Left Coast Theatre Co. seeks 10- to 15-Minute Play...
- The Dr. Floyd Gaffney Playwriting Competition 2017...
- Red Theater of Chicago offers free tickets
- Open Space Arts Summer Playwright's Festival
- Women in the Age of Trump: WAIT FOR IT by Lisa Car...
- MANHATTAN REP'S SUMMER PLAY SPECTACULAR
- The 50th Annual John Gassner Memorial Playwriting ...
- 2017 ENGAGING ARTISTS FELLOWSHIP
- Equity Library Theater Summer 2017 Play Festival
- The Puppeteers of America Rose Endowment Fund
- LIVE ART - NEW YORK CITY MAY 2017 Manhattan Repert...
- SPECIAL RATES AVAILABLE FOR NYCPLAYWRIGHTS: Robert...
- LGBTQ Short Play Contest Fresh Fruit Festival New ...
- Athena Project seeks Plays in Progress
- BRB Artists Retreat
- Tenured Son Theatre 2018 Season - full-length play...
- Balkan Regional Playwrights Contest for Children’s...
- I AM SOUL Playwright Residency
- Artists' Exchange 12th Annual One Act Play Festiva...
- Page 73 Playwriting Fellowship
- Shakespeare's Birthday Sonnet Slam
- ▼ April (57)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)