Online submissions now being accepted for FULL LENGTH LATINO STAGE PLAYS (In Spanish or English or both!)
Time stamped Deadline: Wednesday, June 15, 2017. (Time stamped)
- Playwrights may be Latino or of any other ethnic or racial background as long as the play’s subject matter and characters resonate with Latino audiences and accurately depicts the Hispanic experience.
- No screenplays, one act plays, musicals, adaptations or translations will be accepted.
- New and un-produced plays preferred. Plays that have had readings or a workshop production are acceptable.
- All plays must be original and full-length (minimum running time: 1 hr. 30 min) and can be written in Spanish and/or English.
- Playwrights must be at least 18 years of age and residents of the United States or Puerto Rico.
- Previously submitted scripts are accepted unless they have already placed in the top 10.
- - See more at: http://repertorio.nyc/#/opportunities
MISSION: To promote and develop original stage plays that relate to Latino life, culture and history in the United States and to encourage emerging and established Latino playwrights.
2017 marks the end of our competition under the auspices of MetLife. Repertorio is so grateful to have had their support and to have premiered 17 plays, produced over 110 staged readings and awarded over $110,000 in prize money.
We are very proud of our effort to encourage emerging voices and promote works that are relevant to the times we live in and are authentic to the Latinx community at large.
Please stay tuned for more information regarding our future endeavors with emerging and established playwrights.
Send all of this information and the requested materials via e-mail to:email@example.com using the subject line “Nuestras Voces: Title of –Your- Play”.
Send the following information within the body of the e-mail:
*Your full name
* Your e-mail address
*Your cell phone number
*Your mailing address (street address, city, state, zipcode)
*How did you hear about the competition?
*4-6 line synopsis
*4 -6 line description of how your play relates to the Latino / Hispanic American community
Unfortunately, we cannot accept any changes or re-submissions once the script has been submitted.
Send the following as an attachment:
One ELECTRONIC COPY of your script without your name on it-- in one document with numbered pages and a title page that lists the title and year the play was written ONLY.