Deadline Extended to May 31,2017
Call for 10-Minute Play Submissions
The Jeffrey Award
The Jeffrey Award invites NYC playwrights to submit a ten-minute play on the theme "Second Acts." Submission guidelines below.
The Award will provide a director and actors for a one-time reading of the play. In addition to the opportunity to hear your play out loud, the winner will receive a $250 cash award.
All submissions must be received by Noon, May 31, 2017. Winner will be notified in July.
Guidelines for submissions:
- NYC playwrights only; one submission per author.
- No more than a 10-minute play, which is usually 8-13 pages [read your play aloud and allow for nonverbal action]
- Maximum 3 characters
- Submit a standard format PDF with no identifiers on the title page or in the script.
- Play must be previously unproduced
- The reading will be script-in-hand, no props--think table read-- with a short rehearsal period, with the focus on having the playwright hear the work out loud in front of people.
The subject line should include the THEME and the TITLE of your play. For example: Second Acts: Title of My Play
Please include your contact information (address, email, phone number) in the body of the email.
We look forward to reading your work.