Each applicant must be a composer/lyricist or composer/lyricist team wishing to create work for the musical theatre, and must not yet have achieved significant commercial success.
A CD of up to four songs from one or more musical theatre pieces, with typewritten lyrics and a description of the dramatic context for each song; and
A completed application form.
We will code the applications as they arrive. Because all submissions will be reviewed blind, please do not place name(s) of writer(s) on the CD, lyric sheets, or description of dramatic context. Only musical theatre work will be considered. Please do not submit live recordings. The applicant(s) must have written all the songs included in the submission. For example, a composer cannot submit one song with her own lyrics, and a second song with lyrics by another writer. No individual may appear on more than one application. You cannot apply as an individual and again as part of a team, or as part of more than one songwriting team.
Submission Deadline and Award: Applications will be accepted from June 1st – June 30th.
Please mail or deliver applications to:
Fred Ebb Award, Roundabout Theatre
231 West 39th Street, Suite 1200
New York, New York 10018
Mailed submissions must be postmarked not later than June 30.
The winner will be selected in November, and will receive $60,000. The Foundation will also produce a one-night showcase of the winner’s work.
Download the Ebb Foundation Application 2017
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- 3GIRLS THEATRE "NEW WORKS FESTIVAL"
- Lakes Area Radio Theatre submission guidelines
- Därkhorse Drämatists “Tales from the Script”
- Public Theater Emerging Writers Group
- SUBURBAN HOLIDAYS 2017
- Classic Theater Harlem Reading Series submission g...
- The Robert J. Pickering Award for Playwriting Exce...
- 365 Women A Year: a playwriting project
- Lucky Penny 8 x 10 Festival of 10 Minute Plays
- The Players Follies Play Reading Festival
- Ivoryton Playhouse Women Playwrights’ Initiative
- Theatre Roulette 2018
- Best of Bolton seeks short plays
- Lakeshore Players Theatre Active Voice: Staged Rea...
- Fred Ebb Award
- The Lanesboro Jerome Artist Residency Program
- Submissions for 2017-2018 Scratchpad Series due Ju...
- An evening of Monologues & Shorts
- Caleb Reese Festival of New Plays and Musicals
- Rewrite Your Play this Summer Online with Primary ...
- The Lark's Jerome New York Fellowship 2018-19
- Stella Adler Academy of Acting & Theatre seeks pla...
- One Company Writers Residency Retreat
- New Voices Series seeking short Halloween themed s...
- 2017 Playwrights and Artists Festival
- MadLab seeks full-length plays
- The Ten-Minute Musicals Project
- MILDRED and ALBERT PANOWSKI Playwriting Competitio...
- Women Playwrights International commission opportu...
- Cimientos 2017
- DVRF Playwrights Program seeks full-length plays
- Scratch Night at TNC
- North Park Playwright Festival 2017
- Ismena Collective seeks playwright
- Next Gen musicals for young audiences submission g...
- PLAYWRIGHTS' LAB ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR MEMBER...
- The Yale Drama Series is seeking submissions for i...
- Script Submissions: 21st Century Voices
- My Irish Love Song seeks monologues
- NYSUMMERFEST PLAYWRIGHT/MUSICAL/ONE ACT/ SHORT FES...
- UCB Training Center Scholarships/Fellowships
- Calling New Playwrights! Fundamentals of Playwriti...
- Apothetae at Lark Playwriting Fellowship
- TSSF Journal submissions
- The Future of Artificial Intelligence and Conflict...
- NEWvember Dublin New Play Festival
- BMI Theater Workshop Applications
- Thespian Production is seeking one-act plays
- CALL FOR SHORT PLAYS about gay hookups
- Join the NYCPlaywrights Mailing List
- SENIOR THEATRE PLAYS, BOOKS, AND MATERIALS NEEDED
- Online Television Writing at Primary Stages ESPA
- Women in the Age of Trump: SEARCH TEAM (excerpt) b...
- Acadians Repertory Theatre seeks full-length work ...
- Talking Stick Festival 2017
- ▼ June (56)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)