Lakes Area Radio Theatre accepts script submissions from writers. Your original radio plays can be in any genre. To submit a script, review the following guidelines. Scripts that don’t comply with the guidelines may be returned. Upon clicking accept, you will be able to upload your file.
Script Submission Guidelines
Format – Your script must be in a radio play format which differs from stage plays and screenplays. There are no stage directions, visual cues or lighting directions. The scripts should include easily discernible audio cues such as dialogue, sound effects (sfx), and music cues. Number the pages and number the lines starting over with 1 on each page for the lines.
Content – We ask that content be suitable for all ages and family friendly. If you include innuendo and/or adult humor, please keep in mind some “children’s shows” which appealed to adults as well: Rocky and Bullwinkle, Fractured Fairytales, and the like. We broadcast our shows on a growing network of radio stations.
Length – Lakes Area Radio Theatre has a 30 minute broadcast space to fill every other week. Plays can be 29-31 minutes in length. Script lengths are in the range of 5000 +/- words.
We will accept scripts for single shows
We will accept scripts that would run for 2 installments
We will accept a series of shorter plays which fill 30 minutes
Fame Not Fortune – We pay a royalty fee of $30 per half hour of entertainment. This is based on input from radio script playwrights from around the USA as well as a BBC radio script writer.
Royalty Agreement – If we accept and use your script, we will send you a writer’s agreement. This agreement will grant us the right to produce the script; it will grant us the right to reproduce as many copies of the script as needed to produce the script; it will grant us the broadcasting and rebroadcasting rights to the taped production (radio and podcasts); the writer retains all rights to their original and/or adapted work.
Return Policy – We may not take the opportunity to use your script. There could be a number of reasons for this such as its length, content not deemed suitable for our audience, or just that we believe it needs more work. We will try to give feedback so that writers can edit and resubmit their work.
Please send script submission questions to:
Kent Garlinghouse, Script Director
Lakes Area Radio Theatre
2214 Geneva Road NE
Alexandria, MN 56308
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- 3GIRLS THEATRE "NEW WORKS FESTIVAL"
- Lakes Area Radio Theatre submission guidelines
- Därkhorse Drämatists “Tales from the Script”
- Public Theater Emerging Writers Group
- SUBURBAN HOLIDAYS 2017
- Classic Theater Harlem Reading Series submission g...
- The Robert J. Pickering Award for Playwriting Exce...
- 365 Women A Year: a playwriting project
- Lucky Penny 8 x 10 Festival of 10 Minute Plays
- The Players Follies Play Reading Festival
- Ivoryton Playhouse Women Playwrights’ Initiative
- Theatre Roulette 2018
- Best of Bolton seeks short plays
- Lakeshore Players Theatre Active Voice: Staged Rea...
- Fred Ebb Award
- The Lanesboro Jerome Artist Residency Program
- Submissions for 2017-2018 Scratchpad Series due Ju...
- An evening of Monologues & Shorts
- Caleb Reese Festival of New Plays and Musicals
- Rewrite Your Play this Summer Online with Primary ...
- The Lark's Jerome New York Fellowship 2018-19
- Stella Adler Academy of Acting & Theatre seeks pla...
- One Company Writers Residency Retreat
- New Voices Series seeking short Halloween themed s...
- 2017 Playwrights and Artists Festival
- MadLab seeks full-length plays
- The Ten-Minute Musicals Project
- MILDRED and ALBERT PANOWSKI Playwriting Competitio...
- Women Playwrights International commission opportu...
- Cimientos 2017
- DVRF Playwrights Program seeks full-length plays
- Scratch Night at TNC
- North Park Playwright Festival 2017
- Ismena Collective seeks playwright
- Next Gen musicals for young audiences submission g...
- PLAYWRIGHTS' LAB ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR MEMBER...
- The Yale Drama Series is seeking submissions for i...
- Script Submissions: 21st Century Voices
- My Irish Love Song seeks monologues
- NYSUMMERFEST PLAYWRIGHT/MUSICAL/ONE ACT/ SHORT FES...
- UCB Training Center Scholarships/Fellowships
- Calling New Playwrights! Fundamentals of Playwriti...
- Apothetae at Lark Playwriting Fellowship
- TSSF Journal submissions
- The Future of Artificial Intelligence and Conflict...
- NEWvember Dublin New Play Festival
- BMI Theater Workshop Applications
- Thespian Production is seeking one-act plays
- CALL FOR SHORT PLAYS about gay hookups
- Join the NYCPlaywrights Mailing List
- SENIOR THEATRE PLAYS, BOOKS, AND MATERIALS NEEDED
- Online Television Writing at Primary Stages ESPA
- Women in the Age of Trump: SEARCH TEAM (excerpt) b...
- Acadians Repertory Theatre seeks full-length work ...
- Talking Stick Festival 2017
- ▼ June (56)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)