Deadline: June 15, 2017
ArtAge Publications, the source of Senior Theatre plays, books and materials for older performers is accepting submissions for their 2018-19 catalog. Meeting the needs of older performers, from amateur to professional, there is something for everyone--from short and easy sketches to 3-act musicals.
What to submit: The Senior Theatre collection features plays and musicals of all lengths, but short shows which run up to 20 minutes are the most popular. Directors look for comedies with mainly female casts that require few technical elements and ones that can be staged as readers theatre. Successfully performed shows have senior casts (or mostly senior) with up-to-date, feisty characters in current situations. Roles should challenge performers, yet be fun to stage.
To learn more about the field and the Senior Theatre Resource Center, review the catalog and read Writing Plays for Senior Theatre, an e-document available on the website. Click here for the Writers' Guidelines with complete submission information. Let us know your questions.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- 3GIRLS THEATRE "NEW WORKS FESTIVAL"
- Lakes Area Radio Theatre submission guidelines
- Därkhorse Drämatists “Tales from the Script”
- Public Theater Emerging Writers Group
- SUBURBAN HOLIDAYS 2017
- Classic Theater Harlem Reading Series submission g...
- The Robert J. Pickering Award for Playwriting Exce...
- 365 Women A Year: a playwriting project
- Lucky Penny 8 x 10 Festival of 10 Minute Plays
- The Players Follies Play Reading Festival
- Ivoryton Playhouse Women Playwrights’ Initiative
- Theatre Roulette 2018
- Best of Bolton seeks short plays
- Lakeshore Players Theatre Active Voice: Staged Rea...
- Fred Ebb Award
- The Lanesboro Jerome Artist Residency Program
- Submissions for 2017-2018 Scratchpad Series due Ju...
- An evening of Monologues & Shorts
- Caleb Reese Festival of New Plays and Musicals
- Rewrite Your Play this Summer Online with Primary ...
- The Lark's Jerome New York Fellowship 2018-19
- Stella Adler Academy of Acting & Theatre seeks pla...
- One Company Writers Residency Retreat
- New Voices Series seeking short Halloween themed s...
- 2017 Playwrights and Artists Festival
- MadLab seeks full-length plays
- The Ten-Minute Musicals Project
- MILDRED and ALBERT PANOWSKI Playwriting Competitio...
- Women Playwrights International commission opportu...
- Cimientos 2017
- DVRF Playwrights Program seeks full-length plays
- Scratch Night at TNC
- North Park Playwright Festival 2017
- Ismena Collective seeks playwright
- Next Gen musicals for young audiences submission g...
- PLAYWRIGHTS' LAB ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR MEMBER...
- The Yale Drama Series is seeking submissions for i...
- Script Submissions: 21st Century Voices
- My Irish Love Song seeks monologues
- NYSUMMERFEST PLAYWRIGHT/MUSICAL/ONE ACT/ SHORT FES...
- UCB Training Center Scholarships/Fellowships
- Calling New Playwrights! Fundamentals of Playwriti...
- Apothetae at Lark Playwriting Fellowship
- TSSF Journal submissions
- The Future of Artificial Intelligence and Conflict...
- NEWvember Dublin New Play Festival
- BMI Theater Workshop Applications
- Thespian Production is seeking one-act plays
- CALL FOR SHORT PLAYS about gay hookups
- Join the NYCPlaywrights Mailing List
- SENIOR THEATRE PLAYS, BOOKS, AND MATERIALS NEEDED
- Online Television Writing at Primary Stages ESPA
- Women in the Age of Trump: SEARCH TEAM (excerpt) b...
- Acadians Repertory Theatre seeks full-length work ...
- Talking Stick Festival 2017
- ▼ June (56)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)