Deadline is midnight, September 15, 2017.
Submissions must be specific to the Horror genre.
Gothic, Supernatural, Non-Supernatural - whatever invokes FEAR and DREAD!
ALL SUBMISSIONS MUST ADHERE TO THE FOLLOWING:
Short Plays - No more than 10 minutes in length.
Five Actors or Less – This does not mean five characters or less, it simply means
your short play, story, or poem must be able to be performed by a maximum of five actors.
NO STAGE DIRECTIONS – While this may seem obvious given our
“radio” format, it is important to remember that your play is
conveyed through the dialogue, music, and sound effects.
Please do not submit recorded radio plays, stories or music.
We are not accepting produced radio plays.
Multiple submissions are acceptable, as long as you follow the guidelines listed above.
Additional playwright submissions resources may be found at http://playsubmissionshelper.com/blog.
Please send your submissions (or questions) to:
Please follow us on Facebook for news of our next call for submissinos.
Small Fish Radio Theatre and Thespinarium produces portable theatre for the ear. Since 2012 we’ve produced over 30 podcasts featuring the work of over 50 artists from around the world. We’ve recorded live at Chicago Fringe, Chicago Dramatists, The Biograph at Victory Gardens Theatre, and Simon's Tavern in Andersonville.
Small Fish Radio Theatre was a top-featured podcast on Atlanta Fringe Audio for four years running.
Whether recorded before a live audience or in the studio, our podcasts are offered for free here
on iTunes and via our website - smallfishradio.com.
To listen to our latest program, you may download the FREE podcast from iTunes and listen at your leisure, or go to our home page to listen there.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- Cooperative Performance call for submissions
- Irvington Town Hall (NY) Theater Stage Door Playwr...
- Seeking Provocative new Plays: The Owl and Cat The...
- SUBMISSIONS FOR STILL CRAZY: PART 2
- Sky Cooper New American Play Prize
- BETC’s New Play Development Program
- Urban Stages: SMALL CAST PLAYS
- Slingshot Reading Series
- Därkhorse Drämatists “Tales from the Script”
- Halloween Play Opportunity
- NEO Ensemble Theatre is accepting one act plays
- Four Quarter Theater seeks 10-minute plays
- Elliott Hayes Award for Outstanding Achievement in...
- New Ideas Festival 2018
- Manhattan Repertory Theatre is seeking fully produ...
- Residency - Writers Omi at Ledig House
- Blackboard Plays submission guidelines
- University Settlement Artists-in-Residence program...
- Online Writing Classes at Primary Stages ESPA!
- Soundwork Monologue competition
- Cecile’s Writers Magazine seeks plays
- Shakespeare's New Contemporaries
- Ticket give-away: COME LIGHT MY CIGARETTE
- Theatre Roulette 2018
- Discount tickets: COME LIGHT MY CIGARETTE
- Billie Burke Ziegfeld Award 2017
- FUNHOUSE II SCRIPT SUBMISSIONS: Original theatre i...
- Fellowships for Creative and Performing Artists an...
- La Mama Experiments Play Reading Series
- Woodside Players of Queens Fall 2017 Play Festival...
- Small Fish Radio Theatre Annual Horror Show 2017
- HERE Artist Residency Program
- The First Draft at Primary Stages ESPA!
- Henley Rose Playwriting Competition For Women (Kno...
- The Yale Drama Series is seeking submissions for i...
- Ivoryton Playhouse Women Playwrights’ Initiative
- An evening of Monologues & Shorts
- Lakeshore Players Theatre Active Voice: Staged Rea...
- Fall Writing Classes at Primary Stages ESPA!
- NAUGHTY READINGS - Lowell MA
- Villa Ruffieux Residency Valais Switzerland
- MILDRED and ALBERT PANOWSKI Playwriting Competitio...
- Players Theatre Short Play & Musical Festival - Bo...
- The Ten-Minute Musicals Project
- 2017 Playwrights and Artists Festival
- ▼ August (45)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)