Between Us Productions is seeking plays for its 7th Annual Take Ten Festival. 16 plays enter and compete for the titles of best play, best director, best actor, and best actress, with cash prizes and the opportunity to workshop a longer play. The festival will be in May in Manhattan. There is no fee to submit, but there is a $150 submission fee if accepted, which includes 2 guaranteed performances (up to 4 if your play moves on), 45 minutes to an hour of tech time, a light and sound op, and general festival marketing. However, this is a self-producing festival and we can only provide the services above (we are of course happy to provide suggestions for fundraising, creative staff, and cheap or free rehearsal space). Winners will receive a cash prize and the opportunity to have a workshop of another longer play produced by Between Us Productions. Between Us Productions has also in the past produced mainstage productions by several of our Take Ten partiipants, both winners and otherwise.
If interested please email scripts and a short summary to email@example.com by Tuesday, October 31st at 11:59pm.
There are no restrictions on subject matter. The play must be approximately ten minutes long.
Between Us Productions strives to produce work about controversial issues by emerging artists. We strive to contribute to the conversations that help our society grow and change. Started in 2010 by co-founders Samantha Lee Manas and Jasmine Brown, their premier production, Sweet Prince, was a tale of a young man struggling with depression and a less than ideal home life, based on Hamlet. Between Us Productions has produced 6 mainstage productions, 6 Take Ten Festivals, 6 workshops by winners of the Take Ten Festival, and several readings, improv nights, and variety shows.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ATHE Award for Excellence in Playwriting
- Fourth Annual National Winter Playwrights Retreat
- Everyday Inferno Annual Outdoor Park Show
- NYCPlaywrights WRITE A MONOLOGUE FOR ME ~ part II
- The Robert J. Pickering Award for Playwriting Exce...
- Empire Stage submission guidelines
- Sundog Theatre is seeking one-act plays
- Between Us Productions 7th Annual Take Ten Festiva...
- Coffee & Whisky Script Pub submission guidelines
- New Plays for Young Audiences seeks full-length pl...
- Page-to-Stage Festival
- Stage Door Productions, Inc Eleventh Annual Origin...
- Manhattan Rep's Playwright's Showcase
- InViolet's SECOND MONDAY SOCIAL
- Primary Previews: Pride and Prejudice
- University of Houston 10-Minute Play Festival Call...
- 2018 Last Frontier Theatre Conference
- 2018 Snowdance® 10 Minute Comedy Festival
- Pallas Theatre Collective TableRead Series
- Heartland Theater Company 2018 10-minute play fest...
- St. Paul's Arts Council Short New Play Festival (I...
- Lotus Lee Foundation New Work Initiative
- Call for Submissions: Pride Films & Plays Seeks Sh...
- 2018 Women Playwrights Series (WPS) and Susan Glas...
- MiniFest 2018 Script Submissions
- Puffin Foundation Grant Award
- Call for Unproduced Latin@ Plays
- Seeking non-binary monologues for non-binary actor...
- The Female Gaze seeks monologue
- The Premiere Play Festival seeks full-length plays...
- The Clubbed Thumb Biennial Commission
- PRIMARY STAGES: Everything is Action (Throwback)
- FUTUREFEST 2018
- EST/Sloan Project
- 2018 Van Lier New Voices Fellowship
- Target Margin Theater TMI Institute Fellowship
- Richard Rodgers Award
- Pipedream Productions seeks short plays
- Reva Shiner Comedy Award
- Theatre Southwest 13th Annual Reader's Theatre
- The Dare Tactic seeks plays & musicals
- NYCPlaywrights Write a Monologue for Me project se...
- Rover Dramawerks fourth annual 10-Minute Play Cont...
- Camargo Foundation residency
- Cape Cod Theatre Project 2018
- Tree City Playhouse 10-Minute Play Competition
- Winterfest Theater Festival
- Talk Back Theater seeks plays by women
- HERE Artist Residency Program
- The Petaluma Radio Players seeks plays for radio
- A Primary Stages ESPA Classic Workshop, offered in...
- Shakespeare in the ‘Burg Fifth Annual One-Act Play...
- The Sauk plays in development
- Manhattan Rep's Playwright's Showcase
- American Antiquarian Society Fellowships for Creat...
- Call for Submissions - Hidden Hate / Hidden Love
- Downtown Urban Arts Festival (DUAF) seeking plays
- Jewish Women's Theater seeks
- ▼ October (58)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)