$20 submission fee. This fee will be waived for members of the Dramatists Guild. Checks and money orders should be made payable to “Dayton Playhouse”.
Entry must be an original work (NO musicals or plays for children) that has not been published or produced where admission was charged prior to FF 2018. Staged readings/workshop productions are not necessarily disqualifying factors.
Submissions will be accepted August 1 through October 31 (postmark).
Submit a blind copy (no name/contact info) of your script,in standard play format with pages numbered. After the title page include a brief synopsis, character breakdown, setting, and scene breakdown, if applicable. Your script(s) should be accompanied by a cover letter, including playwright contact information (address, phone #, e-mail address) and resume. If applicable, also submit a photocopy of your Dramatists Guild membership card.
Please note that entries that do not comply with our guidelines will be disqualified. Scripts may be submitted electronically or via Media Mail. Eliminated scripts will not be returned. Script evaluations will not be provided.
Playwright gives the Dayton Playhouse permission to photocopy scripts for reading/production purposes.
Should your script be selected and produced as one of the six finalists, you must be available to attend the weekend festival (July 20-22, 2018) and participate in all events. Finalists must acknowledge the Dayton Playhouse when script is published. The winning playwright awards the Dayton Playhouse the option to produce the winning play as part of its main stage season royalty free.
A $1000 honorarium will be awarded to the winning playwright; runners-up each receive $100. The Dayton Playhouse provides the six finalists travel (within the continental U.S.) to Dayton and housing for FutureFest weekend.
Each entry is guaranteed a minimum of three reads. The original play readingcommittee, following many months of discussion and voting, narrows down the entries to 15 – 18, which are then read by the entire committee before they select the 12 semi-finalists. A second committee selects the six finalists. During FutureFest weekend, the plays are staged and publicly adjudicated by a panel of five theatre professionals (New York based and regional). Following the final production of the weekend, the adjudicators vote and select the winner.
Finalists will be posted on the Dayton Playhouse website (www.daytonplayhouse.com) in May 2018.
firstname.lastname@example.org or Dayton Playhouse FutureFest, P.O. Box 3017, Dayton, OH 45401-3017.
Contact Fran Pesch, FutureFest Program Director, at 937-424-8477, or email email@example.com
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- ATHE Award for Excellence in Playwriting
- Fourth Annual National Winter Playwrights Retreat
- Everyday Inferno Annual Outdoor Park Show
- NYCPlaywrights WRITE A MONOLOGUE FOR ME ~ part II
- The Robert J. Pickering Award for Playwriting Exce...
- Empire Stage submission guidelines
- Sundog Theatre is seeking one-act plays
- Between Us Productions 7th Annual Take Ten Festiva...
- Coffee & Whisky Script Pub submission guidelines
- New Plays for Young Audiences seeks full-length pl...
- Page-to-Stage Festival
- Stage Door Productions, Inc Eleventh Annual Origin...
- Manhattan Rep's Playwright's Showcase
- InViolet's SECOND MONDAY SOCIAL
- Primary Previews: Pride and Prejudice
- University of Houston 10-Minute Play Festival Call...
- 2018 Last Frontier Theatre Conference
- 2018 Snowdance® 10 Minute Comedy Festival
- Pallas Theatre Collective TableRead Series
- Heartland Theater Company 2018 10-minute play fest...
- St. Paul's Arts Council Short New Play Festival (I...
- Lotus Lee Foundation New Work Initiative
- Call for Submissions: Pride Films & Plays Seeks Sh...
- 2018 Women Playwrights Series (WPS) and Susan Glas...
- MiniFest 2018 Script Submissions
- Puffin Foundation Grant Award
- Call for Unproduced Latin@ Plays
- Seeking non-binary monologues for non-binary actor...
- The Female Gaze seeks monologue
- The Premiere Play Festival seeks full-length plays...
- The Clubbed Thumb Biennial Commission
- PRIMARY STAGES: Everything is Action (Throwback)
- FUTUREFEST 2018
- EST/Sloan Project
- 2018 Van Lier New Voices Fellowship
- Target Margin Theater TMI Institute Fellowship
- Richard Rodgers Award
- Pipedream Productions seeks short plays
- Reva Shiner Comedy Award
- Theatre Southwest 13th Annual Reader's Theatre
- The Dare Tactic seeks plays & musicals
- NYCPlaywrights Write a Monologue for Me project se...
- Rover Dramawerks fourth annual 10-Minute Play Cont...
- Camargo Foundation residency
- Cape Cod Theatre Project 2018
- Tree City Playhouse 10-Minute Play Competition
- Winterfest Theater Festival
- Talk Back Theater seeks plays by women
- HERE Artist Residency Program
- The Petaluma Radio Players seeks plays for radio
- A Primary Stages ESPA Classic Workshop, offered in...
- Shakespeare in the ‘Burg Fifth Annual One-Act Play...
- The Sauk plays in development
- Manhattan Rep's Playwright's Showcase
- American Antiquarian Society Fellowships for Creat...
- Call for Submissions - Hidden Hate / Hidden Love
- Downtown Urban Arts Festival (DUAF) seeking plays
- Jewish Women's Theater seeks
- ▼ October (58)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)