Life-sized Meme productions is looking for a full length script (60-90 mins) for an upcoming production in March at the Phoenix Theatre in Minneapolis MN that will be performed in a 5 show run over one week. LSM is a production house that endeavors to:
- Bring relevant ideas and discussions to the community through entertaining plays
- Connect local theater artists with the twin cities community
- Produce plays at minimal cost in order to keep the ticket prices low
- Share profits with artists and empower local artists to confidently express their talent
With those goals in mind we want to find a new script that meets the following three criteria:
- Script has never been performed in twin cities before.
- The script can be a comedy, drama, tragedy, mystery or a combination.
- Script length should be between 60 and 90 mins
The following three criteria will make our script ideal, but we will definitely consider scripts without the following criteria as well:
- Our ideal script would be an adaptation of a famous well known play with creative adaptive take on it. (Please ensure that the original one is a royalty free work so that the writer owns the rights to adapt and perform)
- Our ideal script will be one that delivers a message around currently relevant topics.
- Our ideal script will have a cast size of less than 10 cast members.
The chosen script will be provided with a contract for the production and will be compensated with a guaranteed amount of $75, two free tickets to the play (for one of the shows) and credit in the program. Scripts will be accepted from authors outside of the Twin Cities!!
Please send a PDF copy of your script to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than November 24th at 5pm CST.
While submitting please mention to what extent you are open/able to work/discuss with the director on any minor changes to the script during its production process.