Submissions are now open for the 2018 Republican Theater Festival.
We are looking for new plays (full length, one act, and 10-minute) that present a conservative theme or message and do not stereotype or vilify conservative principles. While we are primarily seeking un-produced works, we will accept plays with a production history as long as they fit the vision of the festival.
We encourage you to read our About page, if you haven’t already, to get a clear understanding of what we’re hoping to achieve and why we’re producing this festival. To get an idea of the types of plays we’re looking for, read about the plays from the 2012 Republican Theater Festival.
Submissions will be accepted until January 31, 2018.
The Republican Theater Festival is seeking plays that dramatize conservative themes/idealogy/messages without stereotyping or vilifying conservatives or conservative beliefs. At the same time, we will not accept submissions with content that vilify liberal beliefs. We simply want to tell conservative stories truthfully. The RTF is an initiative to change how people listen and to provide a platform for conservative voices, characters, and messages, it is not meant to change how people vote.
All submissions must be 100% original content of the playwright(s). The Republican Theater Festival will provide actors, directors, and basic sets/props for the plays selected for the 2018 festival. Playwrights will receive complimentary tickets to the festival, extensive promotion of their work, and will be invited to participate in discussions and panels during the festival.
If you receive an error that the file is too large when uploading your script or supporting documents, please submit the form and then email the documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- Manhattan Rep seeks play productions
- Fast & Furious Playwright Festival
- Blue Pearl Theatrics seeks 10-minute plays
- Call for Submissions: Pride Films & Plays Seeks Sh...
- Seeking non-binary monologues for non-binary actor...
- REPUBLICAN THEATER FESTIVAL
- ANNUAL SHORT PLAY COMPETITION: THINK FAST
- Shakespeare's New Contemporaries
- About Face Theatre is currently accepting submissi...
- Night of Shorts
- The Joust Theatre Company's Writers' Round Table
- Page-to-Stage Festival
- ARIZONA THEATRE COMPANY’S 2018 NATIONAL LATINO PLA...
- Playthings Theatre Seeking New Musical Works For P...
- 6th Annual Take Ten Festival
- The Premiere Play Festival seeks full-length plays...
- Short Play Submissions Sought for Christmas Playwr...
- ATHE Award for Excellence in Playwriting
- Life-sized Meme looking for a full length script
- Theatre InspiraTO's 13th Playwriting Contest
- M. T. Pockets Theatre 5th Annual One-Act Play Cont...
- Vermont Pride Theater at Chandler (VPT) requests s...
- THE ROCKEFELLER FOUNDATION BELLAGIO CENTER RESIDE...
- Little Festival of the Unexpected Submissions
- Panglossian Productions is seeking 10-minute plays...
- Equity Library Theater Summer 2018 Play Festival
- Seeking Playwrights for One 19 Productions: Play R...
- 2018 NORTHPORT (NY) ONE-ACT PLAY FESTIVAL
- Secret Theater One-Act Festival
- Las Vegas Little Theatre's 10th Annual New Works C...
- South Simcoe Theatre is seeking new plays
- Heartland Theater Company 2018 10-minute play fest...
- Everyday Inferno seeking scripts
- Plays based on the life of James Dean wanted
- Inge Festival New Play Lab
- St. Paul's Arts Council Short New Play Festival (I...
- Lotus Lee Foundation New Work Initiative
- ▼ November (37)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)