About Face Theatre is currently accepting submissions of new full-length plays for OUT FRONT: Babes On Stage, a showcase of readings of new and developmental works by LGBTQA women-identified playwrights.
Submissions for this series are open until December 31, 2017.
Please send a PDF of your full script to us at email@example.com with the subject line BABES ON STAGE-[Play title],[author name] (e.g. “BABES ON STAGE-A Raisin in the Sun, Lorraine Hansberry”), and title the pdf [PLAY TITLE][Author last name] (e.g. “A RAISIN IN THE SUN Hansberry.pdf”).
Accompanying your script, please attach a brief 1-to-2-paragraph bio, giving some of your own background as well as any production history for the play, and list any prior commitments you have in April or May of 2018
While PDF scripts are preferred, if absolutely necessary we will accept paper script submissions to 5252 N Broadway, 2nd floor, ATTN: Literary.
Any further questions can be directed to the literary office (firstname.lastname@example.org)
We are still accepting submissions not related to Babes on Stage for future Out Front Series or Mainstage seasons. You may submit your play according to the following guidelines:
Query Submission – TITLE OF YOUR PLAY, Your Name (e.g. MIDSUMMER NIGHT’S DREAM, William Shakespeare)
In a single PDF document attached to your email, please include the following:
The title of your play, your name, and your contact information
One-page synopsis of your play including relevant information such as casting requirements, genre, plot, etc.
Production history, beginning with the year the play was written
List of upcoming productions
Short bio for yourself, and contact information for you and your agent (if applicable)
A ten page sample of the play that you think best represents the work as whole. Should we be interested in your piece, we will contact you for the full text.
Please include your play title (without beginning articles such as a, an, or the) and your last name in the name of your PDF file (e.g. MidsummerNightsDreamSHAKESPEARE.pdf).
The best times to submit materials and/or submission inquiries are July through November in order to be considered for the following season. (i.e. July – November 2014 submissions will be considered for the 2015-2016 season).
In addition to the script or script sample, your submission should include a query letter, your contact information, brief synopsis, character breakdown, and any relevant production history.
Please do not call the Artistic Director, Andrew Volkoff.
Any further questions should also be directed to the Literary Office at email@example.com
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- Manhattan Rep seeks play productions
- Fast & Furious Playwright Festival
- Blue Pearl Theatrics seeks 10-minute plays
- Call for Submissions: Pride Films & Plays Seeks Sh...
- Seeking non-binary monologues for non-binary actor...
- REPUBLICAN THEATER FESTIVAL
- ANNUAL SHORT PLAY COMPETITION: THINK FAST
- Shakespeare's New Contemporaries
- About Face Theatre is currently accepting submissi...
- Night of Shorts
- The Joust Theatre Company's Writers' Round Table
- Page-to-Stage Festival
- ARIZONA THEATRE COMPANY’S 2018 NATIONAL LATINO PLA...
- Playthings Theatre Seeking New Musical Works For P...
- 6th Annual Take Ten Festival
- The Premiere Play Festival seeks full-length plays...
- Short Play Submissions Sought for Christmas Playwr...
- ATHE Award for Excellence in Playwriting
- Life-sized Meme looking for a full length script
- Theatre InspiraTO's 13th Playwriting Contest
- M. T. Pockets Theatre 5th Annual One-Act Play Cont...
- Vermont Pride Theater at Chandler (VPT) requests s...
- THE ROCKEFELLER FOUNDATION BELLAGIO CENTER RESIDE...
- Little Festival of the Unexpected Submissions
- Panglossian Productions is seeking 10-minute plays...
- Equity Library Theater Summer 2018 Play Festival
- Seeking Playwrights for One 19 Productions: Play R...
- 2018 NORTHPORT (NY) ONE-ACT PLAY FESTIVAL
- Secret Theater One-Act Festival
- Las Vegas Little Theatre's 10th Annual New Works C...
- South Simcoe Theatre is seeking new plays
- Heartland Theater Company 2018 10-minute play fest...
- Everyday Inferno seeking scripts
- Plays based on the life of James Dean wanted
- Inge Festival New Play Lab
- St. Paul's Arts Council Short New Play Festival (I...
- Lotus Lee Foundation New Work Initiative
- ▼ November (37)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)