Deadline: January 31 2018
San Diego Center for Jewish Culture (SDCJC) Straight From The Page, a staged reading series, is around to announce the 5th Annual 5 Minute Play Festival.
Plays will be performed by professional actors on Monday, May 7, 2018 at Larence Family Jewish Community Center Jacobs Family Campus 4126 Executive Drive, La Jolla, CA.
- The play must speak to Jewish identity, heritage, cultural experiences or values
- Submission must be five minute original play (approx. 750 words)
- Play can have 2 or 3 characters - no monologues
- No musicals - if there is any music it must be sung a cappella.
- Comedy, drama, historical, political are all welcome.
- Plays must be submitted as a MS Word document - PDF is not accepted.
- Play must be created in 12 pt Ariel font
- Plays will not be returned
Submit plays to email@example.com
Finalists will be notified by March 1, 2018.
All plays submitted will be read as "blind readings" by the Straight from the Page committee.
Top scripts will be chosen to be cast and directed for a staged reading.
Casting and directing of the top scripts to be done sole by Straight From The Page producer9s) or their designate - playwrights do not have input in casting or directing decisions.
(Editor's note: the Dramatists Bill of Rights specifies playwrights should have final say in such decisions.)Selected scripts will be performed at the Lawrence Family JCC as a staged reading immediately following the winning play will be selected by audience hand-written ballots
Top three scripts will be published in L'Chaim Magazine www.lchaimmagazine.com
SDCJC reserves the right to cancel and/or modify the program at any time.
Straight From The Pages is unable to compensate for any travel and accommodation expenses.