We want to read your play blind, so make sure that you do not include your name on the work or file name, but please make sure to include the title of your play on the first page.
We are not going to reject your play over a few spelling mistakes, but we want you to be sure of what you are writing. If you have any questions on whether or not something will work in your play, please feel free to contact us.
We would only like one play or play excerpt submission per submitter. All manuscripts sent to us should be no longer than 15 pages. If your play is longer than 15 pages that is no problem. Just send us the best 15 pages from your play.
We also ask for this category that you include a brief synopsis (100-150) words that includes a character breakdown in your email.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
- Aberrant Theatre is currently seeking short, horro...
- 5 Minute Short Play Festival (La Jolla CA)
- Strange Sun Theater is now accepting submissions f...
- Heartland Theater Company 2018 10-minute play fest...
- Comedy Writing
- Helen McCloy Scholarship
- Theatre Southwest 21th Annual Theatre Southwest Fe...
- Punk Monkey Productions seeking one-act plays
- The Bridge Award
- 2018 FailSafe Festival
- PAST PERFECT Benefit Performances
- Living Room Theater New Play Incubator: Immigrati...
- The 16th Annual Fresh Fruit Festival of LGBTQ Arts...
- The Social Club of Brooklyn seeks plays
- Nylon Fusion Theatre Company - Can you HEAR Me?
- Sound Bites seeks 10-minute musicals
- Sixth Theatre Brut Short-Play Festival
- TELLING TRIFLES, a festival inspired by Susan Glas...
- Silver Spring Stage is seeking original one-act sc...
- Attic's Christmas Playwriting Contest & Festival
- Paragon Journal submission guidelines
- Manhattan Rep's New Works Short Play Series
- Sundog Theatre is seeking one-act plays
- Online Playwriting Classes at Primary Stages ESPA
- 2018-19 Woodward/Newman Drama Award
- International Radio Playwriting Competition 2018
- The Dr. Floyd Gaffney Playwriting Competition 2018...
- Playwrights’ Revolution 2018
- Moss Hart & Kitty Carlisle Hart New Play Initiativ...
- GB Shaw on portraying women in plays
- Women Are Funny Seeks Scripts for 2018
- Lotus Lee Foundation New Work Initiative
- Edward F. Albee Foundation guidelines
- Arundel Festival Theatre Trail 2018 Writers' Compe...
- Mass Rhetoric: A New Works Festival 2018
- EMERGING ARTISTS THEATRE NOW ACCEPTING SUBMISSION ...
- The Jane Chambers Playwriting Award
- JETFest 2018
- EVCT Aspiring Playwrights
- The Ingenious Grant for Playwriting (Vermont)
- TASN Short Play Festival
- Join the NYCPlaywrights Mailing List
- BLINDSPOT FESTIVAL (UK)
- Gloria Ann Barnell Peter Playwright Competition
- New York City Children’s Theater’s Middle School P...
- CHAGRIN VALLEY LITTLE THEATRE 10-10 FESTIVAL KIDS ...
- Fundamentals of Playwriting at Primary Stages ESPA...
- Experience Theatre Project Seeking Immersive Plays...
- FailSafe Festival
- Chameleon Theatre Company submission guidelines
- Headwaters New Play Festival in Colorado
- First Draft! seeks plays for readings (Edmonds, W...
- Yeats on dramatic subject matter
- Rising Circle Theater Collective is accepting appl...
- ▼ January (54)
- ► 2017 (679)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)