The Bridge Award was established in honor of Arts in the Armed Forces upcoming tenth anniversary with the purpose of recognizing an emerging playwright of exceptional talent within the United States military. The award consists of a $10,000 prize, and an AITAF produced reading of the winning work. The head judge will be Pulitzer Prize winning playwright Suzan-Lori Parks.
In addition to bringing world-class theater to the military, AITAF is committed to supporting and sharing the talents of those who serve. This Award will offer a deserving current military service member or veteran artist important connections with the theater community and access to developmental resources, helping to facilitate a deeper understanding and more active dialogue between military and civilian communities.
- Submissions will be accepted December 1st 2017 through March 1st 2018.
- Please submit your play in PDF form with the title: Title of Play.pdf
- Please include a brief accompanying statement, including a description of your service (dates, military branch, foreign countries served in, if applicable.) This description may be 250 words or fewer.
- Only finalists will be notified of their status.
- When the winning playwright is named, finalists will also be announced.