Help us crown the Best of the Worst at ANOTHER Taste of Rotten Theatre! Laughed out of the writer's group? Great! Told it would never be staged? Amazing! Sure it doesn't work? WE'LL give it a try! Dig through your trash with the rest of the rancid meat and find the most terrible, inscrutable, incoherent play you’ve ever written.
This is the one contest where clunky, ham-handed dialogue and wildly implausible scenarios work in your favor! Cupcake Lady Productions will select five (5) plays as finalists to be performed (badly) in Another Taste of Rotten Theatre in the first week of April. The finalists will be announced in March.
Three judges will rate each play on a scale of 1-10. The audience will also vote on the same scale, counting as a fourth judge. The votes will be tallied and the Best of the Worst, based on the highest total score from the judges, will receive our GRAND PRIZE!
• The author of the play must be same person submitting it
• You must own the rights to perform the play you are submitting
• Plays must be 10-minutes or less in length
• One (1) entry per person only, please!
• Entries may be short, self-contained plays, or a 10-minute scene from a longer play (out of context scenes are strongly encouraged)
• Former contest winners are eligible to enter, but the entry must be a different play
• No plays submitted by judges, volunteers or performers participating in Another Night of Rotten Theatre 2017 will be considered.
• Entries must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59PM EST on February 28th.
No plays sent to our personal email addresses will be considered.
We never post calls for submissions that require a submission fee. Learn more here.
Friday, February 2, 2018
- Appalachian Festival of Plays & Playwrights
- The Madison Short Play Festival : Unpresidented
- Through line Artists' Summer Shorts 2018
- Women's Project Theater Lab Applications
- TASN Short Play Festival
- Mass Rhetoric: A New Works Festival 2018
- Attic's Christmas Playwriting Contest & Festival
- Free tickets: THE BENCH (also advisory to those wi...
- Pipedream Productions presents: Piping Hot New Wor...
- Ticket give-away: SHOOTER
- NYCPlaywrights & Ken Wolf's Playwriting Podcast
- IATC First Annual Playwriting Competition
- Ticket give-away: SCOOP
- Next Act New Play Summit 2018
- Helen McCloy Scholarship
- Playwrights’ Revolution 2018
- THE WRITER’S VOICE: Ten Minute Play Festival
- EVCT Aspiring Playwrights
- Playwrights Realm Fellowship & Scratchpad
- NYC One-Act Festival
- Native American New Play Festival 2018
- Orlando Shakespeare Theater PlayFest 2018
- Relative Theatrics Playwrights Voices
- The Philadelphia Women’s Theatre Festival
- CHAGRIN VALLEY LITTLE THEATRE 10-10 FESTIVAL KIDS ...
- 20% Theatre Company Twin Cities submission guideli...
- NYSummerfest 2018
- The Jane Chambers Playwriting Award
- BINGHAM CAMP THEATRE RETREAT
- Edgemar Center for the Arts seeks plays
- Waltzing Mechanics seek documentary plays
- Free ticket give-away: THE BENCH: A HOMELESS LOVE ...
- The Peekskill High School and Middle School Acting...
- Cupcake Lady - Another Taste of Rotten Theatre
- ▼ February (34)
- ► 2017 (662)
- ► 2016 (514)
- ► 2015 (519)
- ► 2014 (582)
- ► 2013 (514)
- ► 2012 (490)
- ► 2011 (344)